Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
The demarcation line appears for me if I log out of the forum, then log back in. If I navigate away from the forum, or close the window, and come back without having to log back in, there is no line.
Yeah, that must be why, I stay logged in all the time. So can we get the old functionality back?

·
Premium Member
10,294 Posts
Actually that is not correct. If you do what I did when the new software was released, then it does not matter weather you log off and log back in, or stay logged on , is gone.
What you have to do is spend about an hour or so clicking on ALL the titles(posts) so the new software tags that you have read all of the different threads. Once you do that, just click on the arrow next to the pencil choose new posts and then all the system gives you are any new posts period.

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
Actually that is not correct. If you do what I did when the new software was released, then it does not matter weather you log off and log back in, or stay logged on , is gone.
What you have to do is spend about an hour or so clicking on ALL the titles(posts) so the new software tags that you have read all of the different threads. Once you do that, just click on the arrow next to the pencil choose new posts and then all the system gives you are any new posts period.
I think you could also just click the button labeled "Mark All Read".

·
Administrator
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
It only blocks location information on the profile, but people can still see your location by hoovering over the flag that the forum posts next to my name. Is like locking the front door and keeping the windows wide open :)
Your flag is not displayed for others. You can see your own information.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Are you sure Cricket ? Almost seems like code has been updated because at the moment my flag is not visible to me at all. I can see your flag though.

·
Administrator
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Are you sure Cricket ? Almost seems like code has been updated because at the moment my flag is not visible to me at all. I can see your flag though.

Thank you for that clarification. Usually, we can see our own stuff, so I am thankful for your comment.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Okay, I give up: how do I delete a post?

·
Administrator
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Okay, I give up: how do I delete a post?
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post. If you have an issue with a duplicate post you can report the post or request assistance.

If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post. If you have an issue with a duplicate post you can report the post or request assistance.

If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket
Okay, I guess I can understand the rationale there - but I posted a response that a) was based on a complete misunderstanding of the post I was responding to, b) contains no useful information and c) has no replies as mine is the last in the thread.

Didn't we used to be able to delete our posts on the old platform?

·
Administrator
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Okay, I guess I can understand the rationale there - but I posted a response that a) was based on a complete misunderstanding of the post I was responding to, b) contains no useful information and c) has no replies as mine is the last in the thread.

Didn't we used to be able to delete our posts on the old platform?
If it has been less than 24 hours, just click to edit your response. :)

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Well, sure - but do what with it? Replace the text with "* have a great day!**"? I understand where you're coming from, but these sort of dangling "Whoops! Sorry, I wish I could delete this but I can't!" posts just create noise.

It's not the end of the world, just a little surprising. I've not come across another forum where I can't delete an errant post 20 seconds after I posted it.

Thanks for your help. I like the new software. Just a few things like seeing posts from 2008 on my home page - which almost never changes regardless of forum activity - that are odd. I'll survive.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
................... If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow..........
In the old forum one was not able to delete the first post in a thread, But for about a month one could delete other posts.

Work just fine

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Can we get the old functionality back of having the 'new posts' list demarcation with "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts. "?

There are threads that I'm not interested in, and have not looked at, yet still keep showing up in the 'new posts' list, even though they are days old. The line above made it very easy to see at a glance what was really new.
A few days ago, I did as folks suggested and marked all posts as read. Still doesn't fix the problem... I now have days-old threads in my "new posts" list. It's screwy that you'd have to log out and log back in to get the "threads have not been updated" functionality to work. Definitely a bug. Will it get fixed Mr.Cricket?

·
Premium Member
10,294 Posts
TS it is working foe me, but I did not use the option Marked all posts as read, you must do what I did in order for this new system to work.

·
Administrator
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
A few days ago, I did as folks suggested and marked all posts as read. Still doesn't fix the problem... I now have days-old threads in my "new posts" list. It's screwy that you'd have to log out and log back in to get the "threads have not been updated" functionality to work. Definitely a bug. Will it get fixed Mr.Cricket?
Did you mark each section "Marked as Read" or just specific sections?

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
@syjos asked this question in another thread. I am copying it here in case others have the same question:

I'm not being notified. How do I follow or subscribe to posts that I respond to? It seemed automatic on the old site when you posted a comment.
  • Click on your icon at the top right of the screen.
  • Click on "Account Settings"
  • Click on "Preferences"
  • Check the appropriate boxes in "Content options:"

·
Administrator
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Hi there,

Go you your account settings - preferences - Content options - there you'll be able to tick whether you'd like to be automatically subscribed to a thread you've interacted with and receive a notification.

Niall

161 - 180 of 180 Posts