Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HAT Since we can't get the car yet, we ought to figure out a design for a hat that proclaims that we are a proud Solstice owner. I would like to suggest a ball cap that is black poplin with an embroidered Pontiac emblem in front and a script Solstice in silver or white across the back just above the head band. This seems rather plain so what can you come up with? After we come up with a couple of designs, maybe someone can do a photoshop job so we can vote on it. After that we can sort out who can get the hats made at the best price.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If you're talking about hats we can wear before the car comes out, be aware that good quality hats like you're talking about aint cheap. I have hats made for my company and have found them hard to make cheap and still have a good quality that people really want. You would need a real commitment from at least 2 to 3 dozen people at $14-$16 dollars each (no profit or shipping incl). There are ways to economize, but you got to be careful. If you make it too cheap people will back out and leave you stuck. My choice would be for the ball cap too. Experience has shown me that black and dark blue are the most popular colors. Offer a color choice, it doesn't cost any more, and it's easier to sell if people have a choice. Maybe someone on the board has a hook up with the promo business?

If you're talking about hats after the cars are out, then I think Pontiac will have you covered.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
This is risky, might not be able to do it, but...

what if I could get ahold of the "official" solstice logo? If there is such a thing.

It's a long shot, and probably wrought with all kinds of copyright infringement junk, but what if...

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
A hat would be really cool, but a lot of places will not run anything that will be a copyright infringement without paying licensing fees, so this could get expensive. I wonder why Pontiac isn't offering one themselves yet. Heck, they even have a Pontiac Aztek hat! :crazy

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gmcsierra2002 said:
For the record i won't be wearing a hat, just cool sunglasses.
You obviously have not experienced the convertible bombing attack of the "big bird" equipped with the Norton GPS augmented poop sight. :lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a friend who has a friend that is the largest distributor of tajima embroidery machines in the USA right here is Fredericktown MO. Well his family does embroidery and one of the brothers has 2, 12 head tajimas in his shop. We will have to have a logo digitized but that only cost $60. If you guys are interested in this like I am let me know and I can get in contact with him and check this out. I was over there the other day watching him do some work and he is good. The hats he did were for Indy racing so he does them for some big folks. I am interested in getting this off the ground. Once we have the digitized file I can e-mail it to you guys and then you can have it too. My e-mail address is [email protected] so if you are interested please let me know and I can get some stuff done. Have we started a national solstice car club yet?? hehe I am very into this project. I get a discount on new cars from gm because I work for Lowes and I am sure what I am going to use that on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts