Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if GM will use these sales to Boost 3 quarter profits (Kind of a lie) Even know they will not be delivered for 3-6 months. we will see....

(over 10,000 Solstice's orders to date roughly 250 Million in SALES)!!!!!!!!!

This car is still a prototype.....What they were trying to do was get a idea of how much of the Roaster market(Currently 100,000 Units per year %15 on the first try fu%K'in :brentil: amazing) they could steal from Mazda, Honda, Audi, and Chrysler before they spent the money to build it.

If the orders were less than 5000 we would have seen more delays than we have now. They were not expecting to get this many pre orders.

Hopefully GM can step up and make this happen for you guys this year but I’m not holding my breath. :yawn:

I have money to spend please take it from me…………………………………

Sol Man

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I don't believe they count as sales till they're actually sold. Because they're just orders on a dealers system that haven't even been really pulled into the GM system. GTOJ, SD, or Con would be the best to answer that though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
SOL MAN said:
I wonder if GM will use these sales to Boost 3 quarter profits (Kind of a lie) Even know they will not be delivered for 3-6 months. we will see....

If the orders were less than 5000 we would have seen more delays than we have now. They were not expecting to get this many pre orders.
I’m not holding my breath. :yawn:

Sol Man
Who care how they count the beans? Kerkorian? other bean counters???

Why is it so hard to accept that there are final fit and finish issues delaying production?

I'm betting the finished product is exceptional and a classic.

I suppose that for some the glass is half-empty and for others half-full :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
They can't count them as sales, because they haven't gotten the money for them. The vast majoriy only put down a deposit and even that is sitting in the dealers hands and not GM's, so there is no way that these sales will count towards the 3rd quarter, unless they actually deliver in the 3rd quarter

·
Registered
16 Posts
SOL MAN said:

This car is still a prototype.....What they were trying to do was get a idea of how much of the Roaster market(Currently 100,000 Units per year %15 on the first try fu%K'in :brentil: amazing) they could steal from Mazda, Honda, Audi, and Chrysler before they spent the money to build it.

Hopefully GM can step up and make this happen for you guys this year but I’m not holding my breath. :yawn:

I have money to spend please take it from me…………………………………

Sol Man

All they have right now from us is a "promise" to buy the Solstice and only have our deposits on the book. They wouldn't risk it by posting numbers that can change dramatically in the end. Think about some of the cancelations we have seen already. They won't post anything until actual sales transactions take place. Just a guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts