Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at the Salt Lake Auto Show I was able to get behind the display and look up under neath the Solstice. There is a rather large muffler that can easily be replaced with our own turbo system something similar to the Camaro set up. We're not a sponsor yet so I won't post our site but just go type in STS Turbo into to Yahoo.

The Solstce will be awesome , I was amazed that it was about as wide as the Vette! That thing is going to be a blast to drive.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was at the LA auto show and saw the C6 Z06 cut away car. And looking at the pics of the Sol with now skin, a V6 will fit easly. So there would be room for a turbo if it was done right.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Rickady88GT said:
I was at the LA auto show and saw the C6 Z06 cut away car. And looking at the pics of the Sol with now skin, a V6 will fit easly. So there would be room for a turbo if it was done right.
Actually bradyb's turbo system is a very unique system. It's actually based in the rear of the car, and not up front like a classic turbo system. I think it was Horse Power show that did a review of their system on a Camaro (don't remeber exactly what show, but I do remember seeing it).

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The base power increase will probably be about 33% at 5psi, for about 226 horses. I'm sure we will have higher boost options running with an intercooler or methanol injection at 8 PSI for about 272 horses. The clutch and transmission will be able to handle the power and with what I have heard about the ecotec it should be more then strong enough.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and it was Two Guys' garage: here's a schedule for more show times:
WED 2/9/05 4:30 PM
SUN 3/13/05 10:30 AM
WED 3/16/05 3:30 PM
THURS 3/17/05 8:00 AM

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
bickley said:
Awesome bradyb, glad you're here. Will you be looking to develope the kit for both Sol and Sky?
Since both cars are almost identical mechanically his kit will more then likely be one design that fits both.

·
Premium Member
10,383 Posts
What we need now from him is some ball park numbers, as to how much is it going to cost me?. I know the company does not have the car, to give me an accurate number, but they have enough drawings to put something together on a CAD machine and have an idea how much it would cost to manufacture. How about it bradyb.

·
Premium Member
10,383 Posts
I will, but wouldn't the type of car the system is in, dictate the price of manufacturing?. I also want to make sure bradyb knows the company will have customers ready and willing to buy the product, if the price performance ratio is right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts