Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Solstice...so well engineered and built...has a crummy cup holder on the passenger side of the center console. I pulled it open today and it broke off! Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a simple way to repair/replace the cupholder without going to a GM dealer? My local mechanic says it isn't worth the labor involved for a mechanic to do this and suggested I just leave it alone. The dual cup holder between the seats does hold up well however and we use them almost daily. I have cup holders that fit into the doors but they are a pain in the #@$.

·
Super Moderator
7,547 Posts
Do a forum search for "cupholder" and you will learn more than you may want to know.

A GM dealer isn't likely to be able to help, since the parts have long been discontinued.

There is an aluminum aftermarket replacement available, search :"Santana".

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do a forum search for "cupholder" and you will learn more than you may want to know.

A GM dealer isn't likely to be able to help, since the parts have long been discontinued.

John: I figured as much. Maybe I will just super glue the plastic cover on and, as Donnie Brasco would say, "Fohgeddabowdit" :cool:. Thanks for the reply and I will look into "Santana".

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

John: You are right...I learned far more than I wanted or needed to know. $99 - $160 for a cupholder that doesn't seem to be much better than the stock version is a waste. Like I said it's super glue time. We have after all the dual cupholders between the seats and they will suffice.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can also carry cupholders to the point of absurdity as I did and get the DDMWORKS center console with two built in cupholders. That will give you five cupholders in a two seat car.
lol...thanks...discussions about the cup holders has been an amazing journey through this Forum for me...and it shows the vast collective knowledge of about a dozen registered members (such as yourself) who never fail to come to the aid of those less knowledgeable (like me). I did decide to simply glue the cover piece on and let it go at that. Most of the time when we are both in the Solstice we don't even have drinks and when/if we do we use the dual holders between the seats. When I am driving it alone I usually carry it in my hand since my car is an automatic so I do not have to shift.
I await the day when one or more of you geniuses (I say that with all due respect) is in a position where I can actually help.
Also, I appreciate the help in detailing the interior, use of Armor All (or not), cleaning the headlamp covers, sending messages, creating new discussions, use of private messaging,

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
On Ebay there are 3d printed spare parts available. I seem to remember that person also started a thread in this forum.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
You can also carry cupholders to the point of absurdity as I did and get the DDMWORKS center console with two built in cupholders. That will give you five cupholders in a two seat car.
I have had the DDMWORKS center console with the cup holders. Best mod I ever made. Cup holders are convenient and always available. It looks pretty good, too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mikey,
I have a fully functional OEM cupholder leftover from when I replaced it with a Santana. $50.00 including shipping. If interested, PM me.
Nervous
:)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I solved my problem with it by forcibly ripping it out of the car and throwing the carcass away. Need to figure out something cool with the open slot.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I solved my problem with it by forcibly ripping it out of the car and throwing the carcass away. Need to figure out something cool with the open slot.
I did the same thing and super glued the flat cover piece so you don't even know anything goes there. You could always use the open slot to hide your $$$. Hope you are having luck with your Buick...Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts