Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I noticed a round spot wearing on the top just behind the driver's door. I got behind the fabric, and found a rivet head that was causing it. Checked the other side, and no problem, but the rivet, about 1/3 of an inch accross was smooth. The driver side one looked like it had been gouged with a screw driver. I will sand it smooth this weekend, so put some duct tape over it in the meantime. I know when I worked at Chrysler, some of the guys would sabotage cars at random. Just curious if anyone else has found this problem with their Solstice.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Note to self "do not buy a Chrysler product":skep:
I found some sharp edges on the rear of the passenger side. Filed down, problem solved. No, they didn't seem to be intentional:thumbs:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes they would weld a coke bottle in a blind spot in the body. Nobody would ever find where the rattle came from.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I noticed some wear on the pass side where the window was rubbing in the upper rear corner. Wish this car had the auto down windows like the Camaro.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Never heard of it - just the usual wear due to the design issure at the rail joint on the sides over the windows.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed some wear on the pass side where the window was rubbing in the upper rear corner. Wish this car had the auto down windows like the Camaro.
My previous Solstice had that problem. Took 3 trips to the dealer, but they finally got it fixed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts