Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for the weather strip with the OEM # 20818154. So far i have tried a few dozen places with no luck. Looks like both in USA & Canada its no longer available at dealerships. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
just click the link in chickenwires post. I think you added a space before parts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys for help help but chickenwire is right its no longer available. I will keep searching. Do they use the same OEM part numbers for both the solstice & the sky?

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Something doesn't add up. If you go to the site, key in the part number in the search window, it lists 10 parts found. I scrolled down to the "Saturn" listing and it shows as available.

Just did it. Just now.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
Something doesn't add up. If you go to the site, key in the part number in the search window, it lists 10 parts found. I scrolled down to the "Saturn" listing and it shows as available.

Just did it. Just now.
Database glitch! They happen!

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for trying chickenwire i may get lucky & some one on the site may have a lead on one.
Its crazy as how fast some of the rubber parts for the car are no longer available.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Thanks for trying chickenwire i may get lucky & some one on the site may have a lead on one.
Its crazy as how fast some of the rubber parts for the car are no longer available.
Actually, it's not that crazy. U.S. car companies squeezed suppliers to pay for their own tooling over the last 25 years. As such, the suppliers would have to amortize the cost of tooling over a period of years. This always causes a problem in that the design of the component is technically owned by the car maker, but the tooling is owned by the supplier. GM goes bankrupt, leavings millions in unpaid bills to suppliers, they never get paid, they've already paid for the tooling but technically can't sell the parts off of the tooling because the design is still owned by GM.

Supplier cuts their costs by collecting scrap money for the tooling, parts never get produced again, and here we are today.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info chickenwire that makes a lot of sense in the way you explained it as to why there is a shortage of parts.

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Did you check with Tom at crate engine depot? He can search the entire parts inventory to see if there is one lurking out there somewhere. He has found parts for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts