Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking in with the Sunday night preview of the Automotive News production estimate for week of July 25th-July 29th to be published in the August 1st edition:

·
Registered
936 Posts
At that rate it will be ten weeks to get the first 1000. I don' tknow it I can handle that.

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's more then the week before at least :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
time to ramp up that third shift...

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Slicer said:
time to ramp up that third shift...
We'vepretty much speculated there wont be a 3rd shift anytime soon. It's completely uneconomical to start a 3rd shift, especially during ramp up time.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
OT on weekends is good...let's go there.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I asked for more data- SD delivers

Small Dealer said:
Checking in with the Sunday night preview of the Automotive News production estimate for week of July 25th-July 29th to be published in the August 1st edition:

Good news is we have more data and the rate continues to increase:
W1 22 Total 22
W2 71 93
W3 87 180

If ramp up to 500 per week is linear at a delta of 16 cars per week it will take 26 weeks to get to 500 per week and six weeks to reach just over 1000 produced. Year end number would be around 6000. That would leave a lot of folks out in the cold (pun intended).

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
If ramp up to 500 per week is linear at a delta of 16 cars per week it will take 26 weeks to get to 500 per week and six weeks to reach just over 1000 produced. Year end number would be around 6000.
Yep ... glad to see things moving along. However, 26 weeks seems like a long time to ramp up to full capacity. I think I remember hearing that it generally takes a couple of months. They might be taking baby steps at first to make sure things are going smoothly and then make some bigger jumps as they gain confidence in the line. Let's hope anyway.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Good news is we have more data and the rate continues to increase:
W1 22 Total 22
W2 71 93
W3 87 180

If ramp up to 500 per week is linear at a delta of 16 cars per week it will take 26 weeks to get to 500 per week and six weeks to reach just over 1000 produced. Year end number would be around 6000. That would leave a lot of folks out in the cold (pun intended).
damn, it's going to be a cold winter driving my beetle (no heater) to and from work every day. :(

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SlySol said:
Yep ... glad to see things moving along. However, 26 weeks seems like a long time to ramp up to full capacity. I think I remember hearing that it generally takes a couple of months. They might be taking baby steps at first to make sure things are going smoothly and then make some bigger jumps as they gain confidence in the line. Let's hope anyway.
I've posted elsewhere it can take from a few weeks (for a carryover program or minor revision) to 6 months to ramp up production for a new platform. I do not know where this car is, but I'm thinking somewhere in the 12-20 weeks arena - maybe they are trying to ramp quicker, but must be done carefully.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
SlySol said:
I remember just after the Apprentice thing our dealership said it would be between 3 and 6 months after the start of production for all their orders to be filled... that was the first 1000 and the first allocation orders...
of course this was the same dealership that told me Friday they hadn't even built the first production car yet...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts