1,509 Posts
Weekend Club Racer??? :lol: :lol: :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
191 Posts
:agree: I WANT THAT COLOR! And I absolutely love the hard top they put on her

·
5,600 Posts
Say, inset grilles, just like we asked for! I didn't notice that the 1st time these photos were posted. Has the GXP front end on it as well. I wonder if this is fairly close to the real racer...

I like the inset grilles. You can keep the wing, though. I know people say race cars need wings but I couldn't help but notice that the Mustang GT-Rs that race in Grand Am Cup have NO rear wing. Imagine that. What keeps them from just FLYING off the track?

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
That's one heck of a photochop.

·
Registered
179 Posts
you said it all

WOW! Good thing my car is here!

·
Registered
292 Posts
LBJay said:
Weekend Club Racer??? :lol: :lol: :glol: :glol:

As a long time LBJay fan I must say that was quite "Trollish". :lol:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Sydney said:
As a long time LBJay fan I must say that was quite "Trollish". :lol:
NO, it's just that when I clicked on the link I expected to see someting that could actually be a track car, not just some dolled up show car that looks like it should be in the next "Fast and Furious" movie.

Glad I wasn't drinking anything.... ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit . . .

I don't think that my definition of "club" is the same as Pontiac's.

I'm thinking something that reduces weight, increases cornering performance, basically a lean mean racing (and drive home after) machine.

Suggestions:

17" lightweight alloy rims

Convertible top delete option

removable hard top option (without buttresses)

relocate battery to the miniscule trunk

Aluminum hood/trunk option would be nice as well

This car (club racer) would ideally come standard with ABS (with on/off switch), LSD, 17" wheels, functional rollbar and weigh 200-500 lbs less.

No AC, no power, no subwoofer, no problem.

The Dec 05 Car and Driver (again) does a comparison between the Sol and the MX-5, this time on a racetrack. The MX-5 was average 1.2 seconds quicker around. Overall they gave the Mazda the win 233-229 with most categories very close. Much better article (due to longer time with the cars I imagine) than the last.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Other than the rear spoiler, not too bad. Would be cool if they could rig the rear window to go down or pop out. Would be more interesting to see some one take off the rear deck and turn it into a coupe. Give it a trunk like a f-body or 'vette. Store the rear deck and top for the summer and have a more practial coupe for the winter.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Frosty said:
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit . . .

I don't think that my definition of "club" is the same as Pontiac's.

I'm thinking something that reduces weight, increases cornering performance, basically a lean mean racing (and drive home after) machine.

Suggestions:

17" lightweight alloy rims

Convertible top delete option

removable hard top option (without buttresses)

relocate battery to the miniscule trunk

Aluminum hood/trunk option would be nice as well

This car (club racer) would ideally come standard with ABS (with on/off switch), LSD, 17" wheels, functional rollbar and weigh 200-500 lbs less.

No AC, no power, no subwoofer, no problem.

The Dec 05 Car and Driver (again) does a comparison between the Sol and the MX-5, this time on a racetrack. The MX-5 was average 1.2 seconds quicker around. Overall they gave the Mazda the win 233-229 with most categories very close. Much better article (due to longer time with the cars I imagine) than the last.

I think their "club" involves driving 2mph and causing traffic jams while blasting the stereo. I would also like to see a real race ready version. Looks like Kappasphere and Gravana are our best bets for now. GM still doesn't get it. :(

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...ugly!

but to each his/her own.
:cool:

·
Registered
403 Posts
And I can't figure out how anyone could open the trunk without taking the top OFF.

Good News: GM is trying to get a "race" version together

Bad News: They don't read THIS forum enough

I guess we can all help them out . . .

Dear GM, thank you for interest in a "race" model of the Solstice. Please click this link www.solsticeforum.com and read what some of the most die-hard Solstice fanatics on Earth would like to see in a "club-spec" or "race" version of the Solstice.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Besides the wing I love it. There are parts I like over others. Love the front chin spoiler, grill inserts, rear diffuser, dual exhaust, and hard top. If GM made those items available or an aftermarket did I'd buy them. The side skirts, hood, and front quarter panels are 'ehhh' and I'd rather see them off then on but it's not my car so I don't care.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts