124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since no one posted.. From Automotive News:

Solstice Production

9/12 - 9/17 -- 240

9/1 - 9/17 -- 644

2005 to date -- 2484

48 cars/day this week
58.5 cars per day in September (11? working days)

GMLD said in a previous post the production was about 45/shift. The speculation was if it was one shift or 2. These data should answer that.

Just one more week to go until my TPW!! Keep up the good work!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cansol

Eastocean said:
Since no one posted.. From Automotive News:

Solstice Production

9/12 - 9/17 -- 240

9/1 - 9/17 -- 644

2005 to date -- 2484

48 cars/day this week
58.5 cars per day in September (11? working days)

GMLD said in a previous post the production was about 45/shift. The speculation was if it was one shift or 2. These data should answer that.

If they have produced 2484 vehicle plus a couple of hundred pre-production vehicles and they have only shipped 970 of the first 1000, does that mean there are 1500 plus vehicles sitting at the factory?????

People keep saying that the post 1st 1K vehicles will not ship until the first week in October but I can't see GM sitting on approx. $37,000,00.00 worth of inventory (plus whatever they produce between now and the first week in October) waiting for all of the 1st 1K to ship.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Eastocean said:

Must just be GMLD's shift that is making 45 cars, the other shift is making 3 according to these numbers. :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
flaj said:
$37,000,00.00
Please explain, I'll an engineer. ;)
That's pretty obvious. :lol:

Probably meant 1500 cars at $25,000 = 37,500,000

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
CanSol said:
If they have produced 2484 vehicle plus a couple of hundred pre-production vehicles and they have only shipped 970 of the first 1000, does that mean there are 1500 plus vehicles sitting at the factory?????

People keep saying that the post 1st 1K vehicles will not ship until the first week in October but I can't see GM sitting on approx. $37,000,00.00 worth of inventory (plus whatever they produce between now and the first week in October) waiting for all of the 1st 1K to ship.
I hope your right !!!! 700 of the total I believe are pre-production. That would leave post 1000 including Canada at 784 cars., anyone can corect me if I'm wrong. GM please ship these cars right away we're tired of waiting.

·
2,574 Posts
deluke said:
I hope your right !!!! 700 of the total I believe are pre-production. That would leave post 1000 including Canada at 784 cars., anyone can corect me if I'm wrong. GM please ship these cars right away we're tired of waiting.
Pretty sure you have it right. Thats my understanding as well. Changes the numbers a good bit.

·
Registered
504 Posts
deluke said:
Yep it sure does. But I hope thay ship them right out.

:glol: :glol: :glol: :glol: :glol: Yeah,if it can get past the quality Police at the plant. :devil: :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quality Police

SATCH said:
:glol: :glol: :glol: :glol: :glol: Yeah,if it can get past the quality Police at the plant. :devil: :lol: :cool:

Msg to Quality Police: take your time with my solstice.

Respectfully

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
anxious one said:
Msg to Quality Police: take your time with my solstice.

Respectfully
Maybe we could volunteer to do the final inspection AND take delivery might get us our cars 3-4 weeks sooner. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts