Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ... Welcome me to the club... I currently own a 2004 Mazda 6s 5 door hatch - 6 cylinder 5 speed mtx fully loaded except one option (dimming rear view mirror) gutted air box / Magnaflow exhaust / strut bar... I have an interest in the Ponitac Solistice as a second car for fun...I do have to admit I will only be "lurking" here until I have some sort of confirmation of the 250 HP turbo ecotech option to be offered at some point in the future...at that time I may be looking to "buy"...I did see a Pontiac Solistice at the local grocery store on Friday and have been mulling it over ever since in my mind...I am just plain afraid of Bob Lutz after seeing the GTO mess in 2004...I used to own a 2001 Grand Prix with MSP CAI and Borla exhaust...so I am a seasoned old guy...yikes...I really like the car (Solistice)...if I had to complain about anything it would be the wheels...I feel that they are too big and perhaps take over the car dispite the grippieness...I would want to drop down to 17's or even 16's if possible with the added effect of INCREASED performance...I promise to be a good newbee and spend some time with the search feature...to you folks that get in early if you would like...please post your impressions...and out of curioustiy...what are your thoughts on the next gen Miata...thanks in advance ... C6

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hey now... Don't be all inviting yourself! Did we say you could join our club?

I'm just kidding... sorta. ;-) Welcome.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Well I must say for a 'newbie' you came in the door nice and polite, not trashing everything and everyone. I for one say welcome. Watch your use of the 'm-word'! :lol:

·
2,574 Posts
cool mazda6 said:
Hello all ... Welcome me to the club... I currently own a 2004 Mazda 6s 5 door hatch - 6 cylinder 5 speed mtx fully loaded except one option (dimming rear view mirror) gutted air box / Magnaflow exhaust / strut bar... I have an interest in the Ponitac Solistice as a second car for fun...I do have to admit I will only be "lurking" here until I have some sort of confirmation of the 250 HP turbo ecotech option to be offered at some point in the future...at that time I may be looking to "buy"...I did see a Pontiac Solistice at the local grocery store on Friday and have been mulling it over ever since in my mind...I am just plain afraid of Bob Lutz after seeing the GTO mess in 2004...I used to own a 2001 Grand Prix with MSP CAI and Borla exhaust...so I am a seasoned old guy...yikes...I really like the car (Solistice)...if I had to complain about anything it would be the wheels...I feel that they are too big and perhaps take over the car dispite the grippieness...I would want to drop down to 17's or even 16's if possible with the added effect of INCREASED performance...I promise to be a good newbee and spend some time with the search feature...to you folks that get in early if you would like...please post your impressions...and out of curioustiy...what are your thoughts on the next gen Miata...thanks in advance ... C6

Welcome Coolio, sounds like you got a handle on things. The caution about the "M" word is fair warning. Not my issue, but you seem to know how these things work and attitude here is predictable. Those of us who share your interest in more ponies have heard a recent (unsubstantiated) rumor that may or may not be true re:the future of turbo and G.M.'s committment or lack thereof to 250hp. The attitude seems to be wait and see, nothing has been confirmed.

·
Registered
729 Posts
cool mazda6 said:
I would want to drop down to 17's or even 16's.....
Oh my dear sweet Lord.............NO!! :(

cool mazda6 said:
.......and out of curioustiy...what are your thoughts on the next gen Miata
Um, it's not a Solstice!! :)

- bspate -

·
Registered
124 Posts
cool mazda6 said:
I feel that they are too big and perhaps take over the car dispite the grippieness...I would want to drop down to 17's or even 16's if possible with the added effect of INCREASED performance...... C6

Since we currently have 3.9 . inches ground clearance any performance gain would be lost by rubbing on the road. :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone...I started reading about the locatation of the front liscense plate...Bob Lutz again...I think he should have accounted for that...I live in a State for which I must have one...oh boy...I can see as a Mazda owner how you may be thinking I may be looking to push the Miata on you folks...don't worry...not so...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ok, welcome to the club

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Eastocean said:
Since we currently have 3.9 . inches ground clearance any performance gain would be lost by rubbing on the road. :lol:
:agree: :glol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sort of gives ground effect a whole new meaning, ouch! :lol:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome Cool mazda6. :) You should look up LBJay, he's our resident Mazda expert. :cool:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Sydney said:
LBJay ... Mazda expert
Expert textpert, choking smoker... don't you see the joker laughs at you?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Fortimir said:
Expert textpert, choking smoker... don't you see the joker laughs at you?
See how they smile like pigs in a sty.

Goo goo g' joob! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts