Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't visit the Big Boards much any more, but I popped in today looking for something. Much to my surprise, I see 4 threads by new owners! That's a good thing!

Looks like at least 2 found Kappas with low miles! Good deal!

Enjoy your rides and if you're near or in Ohio, look us up! We have great roads and we love to drive/meet up! :cool:

:driving:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Upstate NY isn't that far away.
Nah, considering we have people drive 10-12 hrs to come in.

We're putting together something for May 3-5 and then again in October. Not sure if the May thing is posted here yet. If not, I should probably do it!

Welcome, Welcome!!

·
Super Moderator
16,608 Posts
Hi,
Welcome back, sort of . . .

We have been seeing a steady influx of new members over the past year or so. Its been a good time. I have not kept any statistics but the trend is about 2 to 1 new people for the loss of a member. Very encouraging.

And we have pretty much adapted to the new growth. When we first started getting new members there was a certain amount of not invented here mentality. When they asked questions they frequently were told to go search. Now there is a more accepting attitude by the old timers and we are actually keeping metrics on who answers first. And you get extra points for the level of complexity or age of the answer.

Hope we see more of you

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Extra points for the complexity of the answer? Dude, I work in engineering - I can make tying your shoes a 52 point check list!

Oh way, you're ex-military aren't you? You've dealt with a higher degree of complexity than that! lol (And that's meant as a compliment!)

It is indeed fun to see new owners popping up. I felt my purchase was partially based upon lease vehicles being turned in and then 2nd gen owners parting ways. Still nice to be able to learn and return what little knowledge I've gained with others. A fun car with a fun group of owners.

·
Super Moderator
16,608 Posts
Answer scoring system

Oh. Okay. I'll try to keep the replies simple then. ;) :lol:
LOL

Ok, we need a formal scoring system. I propose the below for your consideration:

Timeliness = 10 points for first, 2 points for second
Accuracy = 20 points for every correct answer
Thoroughness= 20 points for each answer that covers ALL aspects, 10 points for partial answers
Age= For answers to recurring questions, you get 10 points for each year of age on the answer. So if the answer was found from 2012, then you get 10 points. If the answer was found from 2007, you get 10 * 5=50 points
Illustration = extra credit of 25 points for each image attached to the answer or contained in the referenced post
Obfuscation = Starting with 50 points, deduct 1 point for every word over 10 in the answer.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many of us are enginerds. It's the enginerd + military that increases the complexity of the answer!

I don't know if you'll see more of me or not. I do read the boards now and then, but I'm usually not logged in so you don't see me. I'm on KP more than anything and usually check in there a few times a day.

Here, it's rare...maybe I look once a week...maybe less. I hadn't logged into the Sky side for almost 2 months until yesterday. Kinda sad considering I was mentioned in the article done on the forums 3 or 4 years back and now I rarely participate. I do check out the information posted on the dreaded Facebook on a regular basis also.

Anyway, that's good to know new owners are still finding the forums. Keeps the dream alive!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts