Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solsticeman! :cheers

I am happy to announce that Solsticeman will be taking the position of our first moderator. With the growth of the traffic on the site recently it seems a good time to get a little help moderating.

If you have been around for a while you know that Solsticeman has been an outstanding contributor to our community. I expect that he will continue to do so in his new role. The difference now is that he can edit your posts and ban you if he doesn't like you!!! :eek ;)

Please join me in welcoming Mr. Lutz (just kidding!) to our moderating staff.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Solsticeman, glad to see that you are now moderating. I value your perspective on the car very highly (except for that one post where you had me scared stiff about what the Solstice Yellow really looked like ;) ).

·
4,592 Posts
Glad to see Bob, eerrrr, Solsticeman is moderating :thumbs

But that may be bad news for ol' Rodeo after I ousted his real identity :jester

See you, or maybe not............

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Solsticeman, I don't know how you find the time to moderate this forum, what with all your duties running GM, but I guess you have minions for that!! Congrats! :cheers

·
Registered
154 Posts
Guess its time to get on Solsticeman's good side.

Say goodbye SNYPER!

(Solsticeman, like the new avitar.)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
::pop::

HEHEHE, just kidding :D
Very glad to hear Solsticeman is a mod, glad to know one of the original posters with tons of knowledge will help keep us rolling.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solsticeman

Go for it, Solsticeman, and kudos for coming out of the closet and claiming your true avatar as seen in another thread tonight.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congrats

Hi All,

This is my first post but I've been faithfully reading the post for a long time! Just wanted to say congrats and thanks to solsticeman and everyone for the excellent information and discussions! :cheers

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Isn't making Bob a moderator like letting a fox in the hen house? :jester J/K of course!

Congrats Solsticeman! :thumbs Hope you can help keep Brentil's head from going ::pop:: quite so often! :lol

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Welcome MisterE. Enjoy :thumbs

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Yeah, have to be careful, I keep hitting the new edit buttons instead of the quote buttons.

I doubt there'll be much to do here, as this is a great community.

Forgive me, I'll give some general stuff about me, but for reasons that can be guessed, I can't tell too much lest I end up not participating any more. I apologize in advance for any detected secrecy.

I am,

Male,
35-40 years of age
Live in SE MI
See prototype GM and Ford cars on the road all the time,
Married for almost a decade and a half,
Have 2 cats,
Garage Piston Count: just a minute.... calculating... 42... nope, forgot the power washer, that's 43. Nope, 45, I forgot the tractor. More vehicles than I should own.
An engineer/scientist(in case you haven't already guessed)
Have many friends at several of the auto companies, including GM and automotive suppliers
a Michigander for most of my life, and love the state. Don't think I'd live anywhere else,
a self-admitted geek (I was diagnosed with "the knack" at an early age)

I was born at a very young age. I like to draw, paint, play guitar, I travel quite a bit. I've been in every state in the lower 48. I've also been to europe, including Luxembourg, Germany, France, England, Belgium, and Italy. I invest and dabble in stock market trading and researching new technologies as a hobby (it's why I know so much about fuel cells and hydrogen hype).

I own a fiero. Actually two. and yes FF88, they are both '88s.

I can't tell you my other cars, lest I give too much away...

I can honestly say I've been on the front page of a major newspaper once. I have a semi-famous cousin (you wouldn't recognize the name but if I told you why you would definitely connect).

And now I will entertain requests, other questions about me, but please respect that I will quietly ignore questions about:

-My name
-exactly where I live
-What company/companies I work for or consult for
-where I went to school
-who my GM or Solstice contacts are
-other stuff that I consider "solsticeman sensitive" ;)

I care a great deal about America and American products. I also have respect for General Motors, and have seen no other automotive company that is more technically capable. However, great capability and potential are nothing without great leadership, marketing, and information control and flow.

So, if I get in touch with newbies once in a while and try to control what may be significant GM info leaks that seem like they may hurt GM's competitive advantage, I'm thinking that GM needs all the help it can get.

Rest assured I won't go 'round erasing everyone's posts.

I know it's frustrating, not having all the info, it's frustrating for me, but as regards the Solstice/Sky, Mazda is currently playing a very close-to-the-vest game here. They have seen the Kappa freight train coming, and I sincerely think that they won't just sit still and let Pontiac or heaven-forbid, a Saturn come over and eat their picnic lunch that they essentially revived with the miata.

If you see something that needs moderating, don't hesitate to give a shout - I try to check here quite often.

Thanks,

Solsticeman.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
piston count

Does your piston count include the gas engine margaritta maker? Oops, you are not quite old enough to be Peter Egan's friend with the powered blender. By the way I've been trying to recall what issue of R&T P Egan commented on cylinder count as the measure of a man (or woman, Pammy and all ) My cylinder count is well above 50 and that does't count the tractors on my farm.

·
4,592 Posts
I knew it, solsticeman is Bob :jester

So, just a few questions:

-YOUR name
-exactly where YOU live
-What company/companies YOU work for or consult for
-where YOU went to school
-who YOUR GM or Solstice contacts are
-other stuff that YOU consider "solsticeman sensitive"

:lol

Couldn't resist :jester

Seriously, just keep pumping us with what you can! can't wait to hear more on that top and trunk!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
solsticeman said:
I doubt there'll be much to do here, as this is a great community.
You spoke too soon. There's a bad kitty out there. Go get her!

Thanks for the info on yourself, it's always good to know a little about where people are coming from.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.