Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and Welcome to Pacific Northwest Roadster (PNWR) sub-forum:

We are a group of Sky and Solstice enthusiast and owners who come together for fun. Being from the Great Pacific Northwest, we know how special a nice day can be and we try to take full advantage of each day. Having such a sweet ride helps!

Events are posted on the website calendar for all to see. Events can be planned for the whole group or for a local group. The administrators for the club website are Bagpypr and Saffyre (Aka: Celt03 on Skyroadster site). Please let Bagpypr or Saffyre know if you need to have an event added to the calendar. We are looking forward to a lot of good times together.

PNWR is a local club that accepts members from Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Canada and Northern California. We are proudly affiliated with GM Roadster. Our annual membership is $36. Please visit our website at: www.pacificnorthwestroadsters.com or visit www.GMroadster.com for info on how to join.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, PNWR!

I live in Snohomish. I had an '06 that I loved but the wind noise behind my left ear really bugged me so I sold it. I'd like to get an '08 or '09 GXP. Does anyone know if they ever solved the wind noise (not road noise) issue?

Also, has anyone ever heard of any options for covering the large amount of hard passenger side dash plastic with leather or some other covering?
-Paul

·
Super Moderator
15,994 Posts
Hi, PNWR!

I live in Snohomish. I had an '06 that I loved but the wind noise behind my left ear really bugged me so I sold it. I'd like to get an '08 or '09 GXP. Does anyone know if they ever solved the wind noise (not road noise) issue?

Also, has anyone ever heard of any options for covering the large amount of hard passenger side dash plastic with leather or some other covering?
-Paul
Hi
I am not BP but he will answer I am sure.

With respect to your question about the dash, JPM leatherworks for one has covered the dash with soft goods, leather or ??

If you do some browsing of JPM joe you will find threads on this subject.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Paul, I think you'll find that for 2007 and on Pontiac offered an option for a top that had soundproofing. You lost a little bit of headroom in the trade, but from what I understand it makes the car much quieter. I don't know the code for that option, but I'm sure someone around here does. When I've looked through cars.com or other selling locations, I have rarely seen it listed as an option. I suspect it isn't listed just because sellers don't even realize there's a difference. One car I found did list "Convertible Roof Lining"...so there is at least one out there where some seller knew what they had.

And if you really want to solve the wind noise problem...get a coupe! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts