Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is, just brought her home today, 2008 base in near perfect condition in the orange color. A little over 100k miles but well maintained and a great deal. Anything I should consider doing? I'm most curious about the transmission fluid change, it's automatic (not my first choice but here in Florida, 5 speeds are harder to find). Anything to be aware of? For now, it seems to be running and driving fine!
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
6,377 Posts
Check the date code on your tires and make sure they are not older then 8 years.
Check hoses and belts for cracking due to age.

If you don't know what has been done as far as fluid changes then change them all.

Coolant, brake, differential, transmission, oil. Check for zerk fittings and grease whatever needs to be greased. I have never really thought about power steering fluid and it needing to be changed. I don't think it does. So make sure it is full to the mark on the dipstick. BE CAREFUL with the cap for the power steering bottle. They do brake and I don't believe they are east to get replacements for.

Make sure to check you blinker fluid as well and get a wrench on the muffler nuts too.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Congrats on your new Solstice. I suggest you read the owners manual front to back, it contains a wealth of information, and pay attention to the section on how to properly lift the vehicle. There's been many stories over the years of how dealerships have damaged the front fenders and rear rocker panel area by lifting the car improperly.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Don't push down on the humps when you close the trunk lid!

Congrats! I brought home a 100-thousand mile Brazen orange Sol about 5 years ago. She's got about 140K now. Brazen really is the best color.

Reactions: FloridaSolticeGuy

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
937 Posts
Welcome and what a great looking new home that you have for her! I second on checking the tires - don't let the thread depth fool you!

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,816 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. Nice car, nice garage in a beautiful state. Congrats, now go drive the hell out of it :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Here she is, just brought her home today, 2008 base in near perfect condition in the orange color. A little over 100k miles but well maintained and a great deal. Anything I should consider doing? I'm most curious about the transmission fluid change, it's automatic (not my first choice but here in Florida, 5 speeds are harder to find). Anything to be aware of? For now, it seems to be running and driving fine! View attachment 122907
Looks great. Enjoy.
Check the inside of the soft top around the windows (turn the edges insideout) and make sure there are no rips developing on the inner canvas

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here she is, just brought her home today, 2008 base in near perfect condition in the orange color. A little over 100k miles but well maintained and a great deal. Anything I should consider doing? I'm most curious about the transmission fluid change, it's automatic (not my first choice but here in Florida, 5 speeds are harder to find). Anything to be aware of? For now, it seems to be running and driving fine! View attachment 122907
Great color and nice garage too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts