Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I recently received a dual exhaust from a gxp to install on my NA, which I received pieced. Reading reviews on welding shops in my area, I'm concerned of receiving a bad welding job as most of them with any reviews at all report leaks after welding. Would it be best to clamp the exhaust pipes together, or just go for the welding job? :willy:

Can anyone in Miami/Hialeah recommend a good muffler shop?

·
Registered
174 Posts
If they are clean straight cuts you can go with the bands, if it is supportive enough, otherwise I would weld it.
The solo performance exhausts come with band clamps and I don't have any leaks on mine.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, the cuts are very clean so im thinking it should work. Was it easy to remove and bolt on the new exhaust? Thinking of putting the car up on a ramp and getting it off. Need ideas, this will be my first. Lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did mine at the dealership i work at, the pain is the stock hangers getting out of the holes, just get the wide bands and try to center them as much as possible.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you use ramps idkfa? I could put the vehicle on 4 jack stands but will still need to purchase 2 more. That and I know the points on which the stands usually rest aren't very 'strong'. I also don't know where the lift points are to raise both front/rear wheels at once, as I've only ever needed to lift from the sides using the pucks. Still thinking about how I will carry out this task.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Lubing the rubber hangers works well. There is also a tool to push the rods out of the rubber mounts, though I wasn't able to find one locally. (I only checked at one auto parts store.) I said to hell with it, went home, sprayed with WD40 and used a screw driver in the holes of the rubber and was able to get them worked loose.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi there!

If you're removing the exhaust, buy the tool. I have this one: http://amzn.com/B000P6UNFQ

It turns a wrestling match into literally a 20 second-per-hanger job. It is completely worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts