1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
solsticeman, you truly ROCK! Thanks for finding this! Great way to build our cars, and print it out for our dealers! :cheers:

·
5,641 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
:agree: Great find!

Mine would be $ 23,880.00

Green is now out for me if I can't get the sand interior.

Hmm, Black, silver or Blue... :willy:
You will be happy to know that during the EOP dealer broadcast it was mentioned that the sand interior is now available with the green and red exteriors that were previously excluded. Will take a little while for the info to make to all sources and get them updated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
23,290 for me. Going with deep blue :yesnod:

kbb value though is 22,750.

I'm sooo impressed with the price of this car, I'm definately going to buy one right BEFORE I graduate... of course that is 1.5 years away :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Mine's at 23,350 and KBB price 22,805. Don't think anybody's getting KBB price anytime soon though. Went to go look at the colors I'm considering out in the sun light at a Chevy dealer and was able to eliminate Deep blue. It's way to dark for me. Even in the sun I had to get real close to tell if it was black or not. Now it's between Green, Red and an outside chance of White.

Green's ok, a little too dark for me, but at least I can tell it's green. Red is very nice, it's just it's the same red that is available on every car sold in America, including every model of truck and car in the Chevrolet line up except the SSR and Aveo. It's very close to the red I have had on my last two cars for the last 15 years, so I'm kind of over it, BUT .. it's nice and bright and doesn't show dirt anywhere near as bad as the green will.. however it does sort of say "pull me over and give me a ticket now" on a sportscar. What to do!! :willy:

Guess there's always white, but white is white, ho hum. Very practical and easy to put stripes on, because every color goes with white.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
So if I have a really nice salesman, which I do, can they possibly (not saying they will) match the KBB price (which would save me about $600)?

·
Registered
338 Posts
tommy g said:
Have a written quote from a dealer in PA....matches KBB to a tee....no shenanigans....
In all honesty, do you think they will honor a quote for a car that won't arrive for at least 4 months? Will the salesman even be there? If you're familiar with GM BuyPower, it recommended that you quote no further than 30 days out. What happens if we have a severe increase in gas or steel, or they have to change parts suppliers?

If you get the price when the car is delivered, more power to you. If it is a recent quote, was it an autoresponse? Was the person that quoted you a knowledgeable salesperson, or just a part-timer? I'm not trying to attack you, just trying to keep you grounded. If the guy just walked in off of the street and they threw him into a desk, the only instruction he may have been told was "Use the KBB price for a first hit." Completely possible.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

I spec'ed mine out at $23290.00. MSRP. If you could get GMS pricing my cost would be $1808.00 less. I also noted on one of the forum "thumbnails" that the chrome wheels will not be available until Sept.05. Does anybody have any later info.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

After reading several of the postings in this particular forum, I remembered that I have access to the GMS site and the pricing that is on this forum is correct as of 31 March.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

Found some more info on GMS pricing:

Solstice $17650.00 plus shipping $575.00
PCQ $507.00, ZQ2 $537.00, ZQ3 $399.00, C60 $825.00, JL9 $344.00, G80 167.70, B32 $51.60 and QF8 $425.70.

Dealers are not allowed to offer GMS, they are also not allowed to charge more that MSRP by direction of Pontiac Motor Division. If they are talking plus money for the first 1000 then you should contact your zone manager and report the dealer. I believe that they are fined by withholding Solstice allotments.

·
Registered
338 Posts
bigjon said:
Found some more info on GMS pricing:

Solstice $17650.00 plus shipping $575.00
PCQ $507.00, ZQ2 $537.00, ZQ3 $399.00, C60 $825.00, JL9 $344.00, G80 4167.70, B32 $51.60 and QF8 $425.70.

Dealers are not allowed to offer GMS, they are also not allowed to charge more that MSRP by direction of Pontiac Motor Division. If they are talking plus money for the first 1000 then you should contact your zone manager and report the dealer. I believe that they are fined by withholding Solstice allotments.

Dealers cannot sell to GMS eligibles for the EOP. Don't know when GMS price structure will take place, but I wuld assume with normal allocation.

·
5,641 Posts
bigjon said:
This is old thinking, going back to the beginning of March when the EOP was first announced.

Dealers are "strongly encouraged to sell the EOP cars at MSRP". Not rquired and no penalties.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Dealers are "strongly encouraged to sell the EOP cars at MSRP". Not rquired and no penalties.
:cuss: This kind of business really burns me up. Yeah, I know supply vs demand economics, and that GM really cannot dictate pricing to dealers. However, if dealers do charge markups it only turns buyers away from both the car and the brand, and chases them elsewhere.

Saturn definately has the right buying experience!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts