Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I went back today to get some decent pics and get the wifes to sit in the Solstices. (hoping to give them the fever)

There was a Deep with two tone there today in the 'hot products' area.

Love these shows, just wish they'd add some drivable Sol's.

Here's the first pic my friend sent me. What a goofball :)

Do you think it was photoshopped?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The autoshowinmotion is kinda cool, but the drives are VERY short.

It is kinda cool, though. It's nice to have all of the vehicles (and some of the competitors as well) in one place.

I have to say, however, that the traditional Auto Show is more interesting. For one thing, it's bigger, and you get to see concept cars, new models, as well as looking inside and sitting in the cars. No, you don't get to drive them (except at some shows) but, the drives are so short, it's almost not worth it.

My chance to drive a Vette was interesting. It brakes very well....

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
The autoshowinmotion is kinda cool, but the drives are VERY short.

It is kinda cool, though. It's nice to have all of the vehicles (and some of the competitors as well) in one place.

I have to say, however, that the traditional Auto Show is more interesting. For one thing, it's bigger, and you get to see concept cars, new models, as well as looking inside and sitting in the cars. No, you don't get to drive them (except at some shows) but, the drives are so short, it's almost not worth it.

My chance to drive a Vette was interesting. It brakes very well....
I respectfully disagree, with one caveat. Go to Autoshow in Motion on a weekday, vice a weekend. No lines. Then you can pretty much hotlap the short courses so long as nobody else is waiting to drive the particular car you are in. The first time I went, I drove a GTO for at least 10 consecutive laps. Last year, they did seem to be a little more *picky* about how much they allowed one to push their cars, though. Or maybe I was just a little more daring full story . I came pretty close to being banished. (Since I started going to Autoshow in Motion events, regular car shows bore me to tears. Autoshow in Motion has pretty much ruined the normal car show for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ASIM is great. I'm still miffed that they cancelled the one in Houston(hurricane refugees). Had the whole dang family rarin' to go. No alternate location or later date that I know of....dangit.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Autoshow in Motion has pretty much ruined the normal car show for me.
I agree. I went to one in San Diego last year and loved it. So they have solstices this year?

Any tips on times from the pro's? I can't go during the week, but is it better to go early on Sat? Sunday? I think I'll shoot for early Saturday morning.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
ASIM - KansasCity

silversolstice said:
I agree. I went to one in San Diego last year and loved it. So they have solstices this year?

Any tips on times from the pro's? I can't go during the week, but is it better to go early on Sat? Sunday? I think I'll shoot for early Saturday morning.

My son and I went on Saturday afternoon in Kansas City this year. Waiting times were much shorter than they were when we went at opening time last year.

My son also went during the week and said that there were pretty much no lines or the ones for the hot performance cars were shorter than on the weekend. Longest lines were on the H2 and H3 Hummers...that could have been because we had a really rainy week and we got to drive a mud course instead of the dry course we had last year.

Performance cars were the Vette and the Cadillac CTS-V this year. CTS-V is a hot four-door that I would love to "really" road test, but will not replace My SOl as a car to buy.

As has been noted the courses are relativly short. Issues with being "asked to leave" for being too hard on the cars really depend on the guys/gals working at the time and how busy that particular section is at the time. Based on conversations with some of the workers they tend to be more flexible when the crowds are smaller.

ASIM is definately the way to go to compare vehicles, even if you are not in the immediate market to buy. The best part is that it is free and they will even feed you lunch for just showing up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts