Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an autodimming mirror on ebay, and tried to install it. No go. i didn't get a mirror, but man did I learn a lot. I got nothing done, literally. I did, however, learn how to use a multimeter (I had one, but only used it to test for continuity), learned how to tap into a wire in the car (12v continuous in this case), and figured out how to take the dash panel off the car. My 4 year old son was "helping" me, and in doing so hit a button so hard he pushed it into the dash. I took apart the dash to fix the button.

So, my car is exactly the same as it was before, but I went to school. Not bad for 30 bucks on ebay.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
What was the issue with the mirror? What car is it off of?

I'm assuming you read through the threads here on what wires need to be jumpered to get it to work?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was the issue with the mirror? What car is it off of?

I'm assuming you read through the threads here on what wires need to be jumpered to get it to work?
I taped into the 12 volt wire, and tried every available slot on the harness. The little green light never lit.

It came off a gm car, not sure which one. Everything works except for the autodim.

It's ok. I gave it everything I had, and learned a lot that I didn't know before. Cheap lesson.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Post some pictures of the mirror and the connector (showing the pins). Maybe we can help.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
are you sure the mirror works? first thing I would have done is hooked it up to a 12v power supply to make sure it worked before I tore into trying to swap it out. for sure, post some photo's. see if there's a model number on there somewhere too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts