Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Just got my HFC today. Looks great. Any watchouts during the install to prevent throwing codes?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys,
The converter did not have an 02 sensor extender. Was it supposed to have one? Also when we mounted it the welded flanges were very warped and would not bolt up flat. I noticed this before the install but assumed once we removed the stock CC it would match up. Wasn't even close. We used a significant amount of sealant and even additional gasket material we got from a muffler shop. Hopefully it won't leak. Is this a one off or have others had similar problems?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just installed mine this past week - I don't think you want to have warped flanges, particularly on the turbo connection. I would get in contact with Werks, they were very responsive to the small install hiccup I had. Mine did not have an o2 extender, but there was supposed to be one and Werks is sending it out to me.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Guys,
The converter did not have an 02 sensor extender. Was it supposed to have one? Also when we mounted it the welded flanges were very warped and would not bolt up flat. I noticed this before the install but assumed once we removed the stock CC it would match up. Wasn't even close. We used a significant amount of sealant and even additional gasket material we got from a muffler shop. Hopefully it won't leak. Is this a one off or have others had similar problems?
We normally check the flanges for flatness before we ship but this one must have slipped through the cracks. One thing you can do is after a few heat cycles re-tighten the flange bolts, the heat cycling will actually heat up the metal enough to the point it will begin to flatten out, then do it again after a few more heat cycles and see how it is. Just make sure to do this after the nuts/bolts have completely cooled so they do not seize up.

Shoot me your name via e-mail or PM and I can ship out the J-extension for the rear O2 sensor.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We normally check the flanges for flatness before we ship but this one must have slipped through the cracks. One thing you can do is after a few heat cycles re-tighten the flange bolts, the heat cycling will actually heat up the metal enough to the point it will begin to flatten out, then do it again after a few more heat cycles and see how it is. Just make sure to do this after the nuts/bolts have completely cooled so they do not seize up.

Shoot me your name via e-mail or PM and I can ship out the J-extension for the rear O2 sensor.
Ok I just pm'd you my name and address

1 - 6 of 6 Posts