Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have developed our own 3" high flow catalytic converter for the 2.4L Solstice/SKY which is compatible on both N/A cars and turbocharged cars:)

$250.00

For more info and to place an order click here -

http://www.performanceautowerks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1293

Description -

This is the WERKS Racing high flow 3" cat for the 2.4L NA Solstice/SKY. Our 3" unit uses a high flow metallic core found in Porsche 911 twin turbos and has yielded increases of 10whp on a WERKS Racing Stage 1 turbocharged Solstice!

Fits all aftermarket exhaust manifolds, factory exhaust manifolds and our own WERKS Racing turbo O2 housings.

Fully stainless steel construction
Easy bolt on installation
Expertly tig welded
Flows 578+cfm

Stock catalytic

WERKS Racing High Flow Catalytic

If you purchase this high flow cat in conjunction with one of our turbo kits we will knock $50.00 off the cost of the cat!

Dyno plot to be posted shortly

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add, if you purchase this high flow cat in conjunction with one of our turbo kits I will knock $50.00 off!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got one of those on my car, and it helps the turbo spool up faster, enough to make a difference you can feel, all the way from lower rpm to near the red line. I will check the cat temperature when I get a chance, but it ought to be much lower than the 1400-1500 F I recorded with the stock cat. The stock cat's restriction must be the reason for the high temp reading. One added bonus was the greatly attenuated resonance I use to get with the 2.5" magnaflow, if you remember one of my first feed back: I use to get a nasty muffler resonance after the magnaflow 2.5" was installed, and now with the Werks high flow cat, that resonance is mostly gone to the point that it does not bother me anymore......funny how exhaust pressure pulses work :willy:

I forgot to add, if you purchase this high flow cat in conjunction with one of our turbo kits I will knock $50.00 off!

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got one of those on my car, and it helps the turbo spool up faster, enough to make a difference you can feel, all the way from lower rpm to near the red line. I will check the cat temperature when I get a chance, but it ought to be much lower than the 1400-1500 F I recorded with the stock cat. The stock cat's restriction must be the reason for the high temp reading. One added bonus was the greatly attenuated resonance I use to get with the 2.5" magnaflow, if you remember one of my first feed back: I use to get a nasty muffler resonance after the magnaflow 2.5" was installed, and now with the Werks high flow cat, that resonance is mostly gone to the point that it does not bother me anymore......funny how exhaust pressure pulses work :willy:
Good to hear Salty!

·
Registered
97 Posts
will this improve the N/A performance wise? Is there any necessary tuning that needs to be done once installed?

thanks,

·
Registered
281 Posts
Here is my Werks Hi-Flow CAT I received Sept 4, 2014;

It weighs 5lb 4 oz with the two mounting bolts. It was sent with 8mm bolts to mount on to the header, but I replaced them with stainless steel 3/8" ones that are a bit more stout. So far happy. Has a 3" CAT core & mounted perfect to my Magnaflow 16645 3" exhaust. Now ready for the Hahn Stage 2. In the meantime I do notice a bit better acceleration. (PS I used a stuffed frog to balance it on photo 3) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts