Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a question, i have a werks racing radiator in my solstice and once in a while I'd see a little puddle of coolant under my car, and recently, its been alot more and from both bottom corners of it. Anyone ever have the same issue? Is there a coolant leak fluid i can add? Or do i need a new one?

2006 Pontiac Solstice Performance Autowerks

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Are you certain that the water pump is not leaking?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i have to top off the coolant every other week or so.. its coming right from the bottom of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Find the leak and fix it right. Pay someone to do this if you don't want to. There are many ways to have a coolant leak and many to find coolant leaks; it's all readable on the net.
:agree: I would pull out the radiator and take it to a reputable radiator shop they can pressure test it to find the leak and repair it,aluminum is pretty tricky to weld up correctly . I would not use any of those fix a leak products or epoxy type fast welds for what that radiator costs I would have it repaired correctly .Nice looking car !

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
Before you pull the radiator, verify its not the hoses. I had a couple of tiny leaks that it took me weeks to find. The hoses I installed with one clamp each developed two separate leaks. I ended up installing better clamps in pairs. Solved the problem

·
Registered
156 Posts
If the hoses are not the problem, and you verify the radiator is leaking, you should contact Werks. They will most likely stand behind their product.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope they do, cuz it was a 375hp kit they installed, i figured the radiator could at least handle about 330hp that i am pushing now

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Radiator handling HP?

lol.

That's not how you rate a radiator but OK.

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
The radiator is rated in accordance with its ability to reject heat. The pressure in the cooling system is a result of the designed operating pressure of the system. Generally speaking the internal pressure does not change with HP rating but the size of the cooling surface does.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I hope they do, cuz it was a 375hp kit they installed, i figured the radiator could at least handle about 330hp that i am pushing now

If it has a turbo kit installed, be sure you check for rubbing parts, in your case check around the radiator. My werks kit rubbed through some A/C lines on my car.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
The radiator is rated in accordance with its ability to reject heat. The pressure in the cooling system is a result of the designed operating pressure of the system. Generally speaking the internal pressure does not change with HP rating but the size of the cooling surface does.
This is what I meant to say.

Reactions: rob the elder

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yesterday when i was checking out the radiator i took a look at the rest of the engine bottom area and its all bone dry, no oil or any other leakage, besides the radiator up front. Also, hah i do know they do not get rated by hp but i meant to say for it to handle that amount of heat as Rob said. Seems like the more psi i run, the more it tends to leak. But everything else is great. Running Amsoil for everything, (Rear dif, engine oil, and trans oil) just gatta find that trans fill plug and thats last on my list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts