Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didn't get what you wanted for Christmas? If more power is your wish, now is the opportunity. I ordered a Turbo from Dave at PAW a long time ago. I never installed it and just can't seem to find the time to. This is a complete kit which i will let go for a big discount. Kit includes all parts necessary for install including a Forge billet recirc valve. Will be safely packed and shipped anywhere in the 48 states $800. PM me with any questions or interest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what turbo that is?
Yes, it's a WR-2 as stated, by Performance Autowerks, this one does not have their External waste-gate option...which IMHO is nice but not really a huge difference, I doubt the wastegate is the most common failure. I still have a working stock turbo after 68k miles which has been driven hard with tuning to higher power levels and duty cycles ever since people first started tuning this engine - waste gate has not failed.

·
Registered
270 Posts
WR-2 is the kit name. They currently use the Borg Warner EFR 6258 for the WR-2 but they used something different before that.

·
Premium Member
10,425 Posts
If I am not mistaken a WR-2 is a BW 6258

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Yes, our current WR-2 turbocharger is a Borg Warner based 6258. This turbo is one of our original WR-2 designs utilizing a Precision Turbo 5431 journal bearing center section with their MFS Billet aluminum compressor wheel mounted in modified LNF exhaust and compressor housings. Supports 500hp

• MFS (Machined From Solid) 54mm inducer compressor wheel
  • 57mm exducer T31, 76 trim turbine wheel
  • 360° journal bearing system

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can't seem to find too much info on this Werks 5431turbo. Does anyone have any info on the boost output/ range/spooling? Higher rpm than stock I would assume but how high? And what's the midrange power? Or is this turbo better suited for high RPM? Anyone have dyno results with this WR-2 version?

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
The larger the turbo the more lag you will experience. The power will build a bit higher up and it means driving a bit differently. Higher boost pressures also mean more work inside the engine to make it reliable.

I have no personal experience with that turbo, but suggest that you ask on the Cobalt SS board - they have a tendency to go for larger turbos and should be able to give first hand experience with that particular unit and how it drives on the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, our current WR-2 turbocharger is a Borg Warner based 6258. This turbo is one of our original WR-2 designs utilizing a Precision Turbo 5431 journal bearing center section with their MFS Billet aluminum compressor wheel mounted in modified LNF exhaust and compressor housings. Supports 500hp

• MFS (Machined From Solid) 54mm inducer compressor wheel
  • 57mm exducer T31, 76 trim turbine wheel
  • 360° journal bearing system
This turbo I bought blew up, decided to fit in a 5931 and it doesn't fit. Why.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts