Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping you would be able to tell me what goes on process wise for this package? Totally not a "car guy". I have an 07 GXP, completely stock. Just curious as to how it transpires and what the difference is from other tunes I see listed on your page.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
You DO realize that a TCM tune is a tune for the automatic transmission and not the engine I trust.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I believe that PAW uses the Trifecta tune, which is a "canned" tune. In other words, it works for all cars much like the GMPP stage II tune does from the GM dealership. The exception is 3bar MAP sensors aren't required. You would get a file emailed to you and a cable mailed to you. You would hook up the cable to your OBDII port, install the file on your computer, then install the software on your car...voila, you're done.

If it's a customer (which you DO NOT need because you're completely stock) you would "log" some information while driving your car and send that info back to PAW, they would adjust and send you back a file to reinstall in your car, then you would "log" again, and the cycle would continue until they are happy with the tune.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I believe the poster is asking for more information regarding the PAW 5L40-E auto transmission tune.

Werks HHR SS Automatic 2.0T LNF TCM Tune, Performance Autowerks

The WERKS HHR SS Automatic 2.0T LNF TCM Tune is custom programmed to your specs for a completely new driving experience!!!
Features - Increased line pressure for firmer shifts
Raised shift point rpms
Raised shift point mph
Decreased shift time for faster shifts
Removal of torque management within TCM

My question is an auto transmission tune necessary for an OEM application? Also, I'm going to assume that GM used different criteria for tuning the 5L40 in the 2.0, than it did for the 5L40 in the 2.4?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe that PAW uses the Trifecta tune, which is a "canned" tune. In other words, it works for all cars much like the GMPP stage II tune does from the GM dealership. The exception is 3bar MAP sensors aren't required. You would get a file emailed to you and a cable mailed to you. You would hook up the cable to your OBDII port, install the file on your computer, then install the software on your car...voila, you're done.

If it's a customer (which you DO NOT need because you're completely stock) you would "log" some information while driving your car and send that info back to PAW, they would adjust and send you back a file to reinstall in your car, then you would "log" again, and the cycle would continue until they are happy with the tune.
Thank you, Ghost. I was obviously on their site, but it all starts to look like a foreign language. I guess I need to brush up on my acronyms since I had no idea what I asked about was for the transmission. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, all for not being too hard on me for what looking back is a DUMB question. :) I'm going to blame winter and not being able to drive my baby. Normally, it's in my garage, but the wife wanted her space back so my baby is sitting in a storage garage surrounded by Camaro's and Vette's. Solstice deprivation can be serious! :)

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts

We do not use Trifecta canned tune, all of our tunes are done via HPtuners by myself.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Thank you, all for not being too hard on me for what looking back is a DUMB question. :) I'm going to blame winter and not being able to drive my baby. Normally, it's in my garage, but the wife wanted her space back so my baby is sitting in a storage garage surrounded by Camaro's and Vette's. Solstice deprivation can be serious! :)
Stop on by sometime with you car and I an show you all the goodies we have here!

Performance Autowerks, Inc.
34 Stonehill Road
Oswego, IL 60543
phone - 815-439-4547
e-mail - [email protected]
Welcome to Performance Autowerks!

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Road trip!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I installed a Trifecta Tune on my 2.4L N/A last week and am waiting for analysis of my data log to see it it needs any tweaks.

BTW: Trifecta no longer includes a TCM tune and claims that they manage the shift points through the ECM tune.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts