Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The WERKSracing Kappa 4 Ply Silicone Upper Radiator Hose comes in 4 glossy colors and will not colapse as easily as the stock rubber radiator hose.

Choose from -

Gloss Red
Gloss Yellow
Gloss Blue
Gloss Black

Fits both the 2.4L LE5 and 2.0L LNF engines!!!

Available here - WERKSracing Kappa 4 Ply Silicone Upper Radiator Hose
for only $62.50 plus shipping! Regularly $125.00!!!:willy:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Ordered the Red one.
This will make a nice splash of color under the hood.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
:yesnod:...got me thinking... thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered the Red one.
This will make a nice splash of color under the hood.
Thank you sir for the order and yes they add a nice splash of color under the hood!

I have only 1 red one left!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm very tempted to order this, but I a little concerned about refilling my coolant and not getting an air pocket, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm very tempted to order this, but I a little concerned about refilling my coolant and not getting an air pocket, any ideas?
Bleeding the cooling system on the Kappa can be a bit tricky. Here are a few tips to make sure it is as easy as it can be -

1) When installing the new WERKSracing Upper Silicone Radiator Hose
attach the end to the radiator first, hold the other end up in the air fill the hose with your coolant/water mixture until full.
2) Quickly lower the hose and install it onto the cylinder head port and clamp both ends securely. (The idea here is to fill the hose with as much coolant versus air)
3) Pull the small breather hose off the top of the cylinder head coolant port. This is a small 1/2" OD hose that goes from the cylinder head port to the expansion tank on the driver's side of the engine compartment.
4) Fill the coolant expansion tank to mid-level. Start the engine, place a bunch of rags around the open port on top of the cylinder head and run the engine until it gets warm and coolant begins to come out of the open port. Once you see coolant without much air coming out quickly re-connect the small hose and drive the vehicle!
5) Fill the expansion tank again to mid-level after the vehicle has completely cooled down.

This process should burp the cooling system of any air. In some cases it may be necessary to do this procedure in a day or 2 also if a lot of air got trapped in the system.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
...just ordered a yellow...

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matt said you had only one black one left. Is it still around for the 50% off price?
Sorry the sale has ended. Black is sold out until we run our next batch but we do have some yellow ones left at regular price.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Installed my hose this past weekend.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yup. More goodies to come. Dang temple of temptation. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts