Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are proud to release our newest bolt-on LNF turbocharger, the WERKSracing WR-3! The WR-3 is our next iteration of our popular WR Series bolt on LNF turbochargers and supports up to 525whp!!!;)

Pictured Above - Optional Compressor housing powder coating, Forge Bypass valve and Type-S 4" inlet 2.5" outlet compressor housing option.

Features -

Stock appearing exhaust housing for a completely bolt on upgrade!!!
Supports up to 525hp!!!
Exhaust side Black Ceramic Coating included in price!!!
Core exchange program
Quick spool and response
55mm leading edge technology billet aluminum compressor wheel
56.5mm exhaust turbine wheel
Internal WG actuator included
Comes complete with all necessary lines and fittings
Compressor housing powdercoating = $50.00

LNF Cobalt SS on 93 octane dyno -

1 year warranty from the date of purchase

2-3 week current build time.

Purchase your WR-3 turbocharger here - The Home of WERKSracing products!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Forget what color it is, I'd like to see some Dyno's

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Just for comparison sake, what are the specs on the stock turbo? Also, I am thinking really hard about getting this on my car in the spring time with some other minor supporting mods, what kind of power is safe on a stock engine?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Just for comparison sake, what are the specs on the stock turbo? Also, I am thinking really hard about getting this on my car in the spring time with some other minor supporting mods, what kind of power is safe on a stock engine?
Stock motor in a Solstice on our dyno we have been over 400 quite a few times. I recommend some valve springs and having Dave tune it and you should be good to go (depending on the fuel you have access to).

·
Registered
272 Posts
looking at it, do we need the type-s housing and the forge bypass valve? not trying to stray anyone from getting them, but im just curious as to what the benefits are and/or if it would need to have it to be installed correctly

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here are the specs for the k04(ignore the BNR 2871 specs)

Anything passed the 400hp mark can put piston rings at risk.

looking at it, do we need the type-s housing and the forge bypass valve? not trying to stray anyone from getting them, but im just curious as to what the benefits are and/or if it would need to have it to be installed correctly
Not sure about the Type-s housing, I'm sure Werks can dive into that. The reason though for the Forge bypass valve design is because its the most efficient way to expel air from the system. Remember these were designed to bring you a package similar to what the EFR series offers. There is a shortage from BW so Werk's(and correct me if I'm wrong) wanted to provide a product that was readily available but along the same lines using Precision components which are pure sex btw. Good company

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not sure about the Type-s housing, I'm sure Werks can dive into that. The reason though for the Forge bypass valve design is because its the most efficient way to expel air from the system. Remember these were designed to bring you a package similar to what the EFR series offers. There is a shortage from BW so Werk's(and correct me if I'm wrong) wanted to provide a product that was readily available but along the same lines using Precision components which are pure sex btw. Good company
so in ur opinion 40rty would it be better for the actual "bypass valve" or for the air to "vent to the atmosphere" (the options they are giving)?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, for a engine like ours that runs on metered air measurement, a Bypass valve will be more than sufficient for something sticking to stock turbo and even upgrades such as the WR-3 and similar. BOV do have their place in high horse power applications and where tuning will allow for a readjustment of the tune to support the BOV.

·
Registered
272 Posts
thanks for the clarification! :thumbs:

·
Registered
237 Posts
we use a lot of percision stuff and its been proven great throughout the racing world in all applications. they are number 1 in my books. the only borg turbo i personally like is the efr series. to each is their own though.

we built this to add to the world of having a bolt on turbo. zzp already did the zfr and we werent going to copy it. the percision stuff is no slouch and has just as many great features such as the efr does. we made it work with a stock type setup integrating the breather and also the stock style bov.

we recommend the forge unit for this turbo as well as the wr2. with the wr3 i would say its needed. also the anti surge cover isnt 100% needed but its a good thing to have imho. any time you can recirculate that air in, its beneficial to you. the wr3 is pretty massive.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
And is that 400 wheel or crank?
To the wheels. It really all depends on the tune on how long everything will last. I know guys who had joe blow tune the car and it blew up at 300 whp, that's why I said have Dave tune it. He's been around the block a couple times with the LNF and if you look in his sig, those numbers prove he knows whats up.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Thanks for the information, there is a tuner here in town that does great work that I am thinking. If dave lived closer to me then it would be a no brainer but that is a ways to drive for a tune.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Thanks for the information, there is a tuner here in town that does great work that I am thinking. If dave lived closer to me then it would be a no brainer but that is a ways to drive for a tune.
True that, it would be a long drive, haha. I am not out to say there are no other competent tuners, because there are many.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Terminator2(David) is my tuner and tunes for DDMWorks now. Everything he's done for me has been remote and on stock turbo I got 368whp 446wtrq. I need to dyno my BNR.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the WR-3 perform tomorrow. Anymore pics?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Terminator2(David) is my tuner and tunes for DDMWorks now. Everything he's done for me has been remote and on stock turbo I got 368whp 446wtrq. I need to dyno my BNR.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the WR-3 perform tomorrow. Anymore pics?
That HAS to be a happy dyno, but that's neither here nor there because all in all, it's just a number to show an improvement. David is a good tuner and I am glad to see he got in somewhere to tune. He has a talent that needs to be put to good use. Though, I am not a big fan of remote tuning because it is very hard for the tuner to understand an issue if something happens to arise. I think Dave feels the same way for the same reason. I have done some remote tuning for a few friends, but I know they know how to troubleshoot a problem if something arises. It's very hard when working with someone who is not a good troubleshooter, especially with how finicky the LNF can be at times.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That HAS to be a happy dyno, but that's neither here nor there because all in all, it's just a number to show an improvement. David is a good tuner and I am glad to see he got in somewhere to tune. He has a talent that needs to be put to good use. Though, I am not a big fan of remote tuning because it is very hard for the tuner to understand an issue if something happens to arise. I think Dave feels the same way for the same reason. I have done some remote tuning for a few friends, but I know they know how to troubleshoot a problem if something arises. It's very hard when working with someone who is not a good troubleshooter, especially with how finicky the LNF can be at times.
Dyno Dynamics, E85/cams and Springs. The previous dyno was 357whp 410wtrq on E47. So I did see gains.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts