Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there everyone,
I've done some planning for the upcoming year, and tried to fit a few runs into an already busy Kappa schedule. The results are listed below. I hope you'll be able to attend some of these events. For those of you on Facebook, these are listed there with expanded descriptions of routes and start points. For those not on FB - you'll just hafta wait until we do more planning before each event is officially announced here.
Here's the list
  • - May 19 - Peachland World of Wheels car show
  • - Jun 8 & 9 - WCKC Sunshine coast run from Horseshoe Bay to Lund and back. Beautiful scenic coastline and 4 ferry rides.
  • - Jun 20-22 NASSM for those that want to travel to Flagstaff AZ
  • - Jun 21-23 Peach City Cruise and Car Show - Penticton
  • - Jul 1 - Westside Daze Car Show - West Kelowna
  • - Jul 6 & 7 PNW Roadsters - Seattle Chapter - Mt. Baker and area cruise
  • - Jul 26-28 WCKC Fraser Canyon Run Hope to Spences Bridge and back through Merritt. Lots of twisties promised
  • - Aug 9 - 10 Rally in the Valley & Car show - Peachland
  • - Aug 16 & 17 Sun Valley Cruise-In Vernon
  • - Aug 16-18 PNW Regionals - Portland OR to Astoria and down the coast.
  • - Sep 7-8 WCKC Kootenay Blast - Starting in Revelstoke and hitting the Hot Springs trail.
    [/LISTR

Everyone invited!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Sounds like a cool list. You might want to consider this website for the Baker Run. Not sure if early July will work, they often don't have the road opened until mid-late July. Historical data below:

WSDOT - Artist Point - history of opening and closing dates

We went up to Artists Point this past summer, I suggest going EARLY because the parking lot (when open up there) gets PACKED, like seriously busy on a sunny summer day.

I wish I could confirm myself for a bunch of these drives, but my summer is kinda in limbo with work related stuff this year :(

BTW Flagstaff would be a really cool Nationals location, Grand Canyon, Sedona, Page AZ, Moab UT, Bryce Canyon UT, etc all within reach. Could be epic!

Hey there everyone,
I've done some planning for the upcoming year, and tried to fit a few runs into an already busy Kappa schedule. The results are listed below. I hope you'll be able to attend some of these events. For those of you on Facebook, these are listed there with expanded descriptions of routes and start points. For those not on FB - you'll just hafta wait until we do more planning before each event is officially announced here.
Here's the list
  • - Jun 8 & 9 - WCKC Sunshine coast run from Horseshoe Bay to Lund and back. Beautiful scenic coastline and 4 ferry rides.
  • - Jul 26-28 WCKC Fraser Canyon Run Hope to Spences Bridge and back through Merritt. Lots of twisties promised
  • - Sep 7-8 WCKC Kootenay Blast - Starting in Revelstoke and hitting the Hot Springs trail.
    [/LISTR

Everyone invited!

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Thanks, Geoff, that's useful.

Still up in the air a bit as She-who-must-be-obeyed wants to do some non-car travel this year, and I'm trying to talk her into the regionals in August first.

·
Super Moderator
16,422 Posts
Thanks, Geoff, that's useful.

Still up in the air a bit as She-who-must-be-obeyed wants to do some non-car travel this year, and I'm trying to talk her into the regionals in August first.
Bribe her with jewelry. It works for me.

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Fortunately, that doesn't tempt her, but that means more subtle means of influence must be utilized. I'd tell you how, but then I'd have to kill you.....

·
Super Moderator
16,422 Posts
Fortunately, that doesn't tempt her, but that means more subtle means of influence must be utilized. I'd tell you how, but then I'd have to kill you.....
LOL

I understand.

Sadly, stacks of $100 bills works for me. . . .:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Thanks Geoff,
We're considering a trip up north to take in one of these. Maybe later in the summer!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey there everyone,
Here's the list
  • - Jun 1 & 2 - WCKC Sunshine coast run from Horseshoe Bay to Lund and back. Beautiful scenic coastline and 4 ferry rides.
    [/LISTR

Everyone invited!

• Please note the date change for the Sunshine Coast run. If you're coming, it would be good to make your ferry and hotel reservations now.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey there everyone,
Here's the list
  • - Jun 1 & 2 - WCKC Sunshine coast run from Horseshoe Bay to Lund and back. Beautiful scenic coastline and 4 ferry rides.
    [/LISTR

Everyone invited!

• Still time to get in on the Lund run. Hotel will be noitified of final numbers on Sunday April 28th. If you snooze - you'll lose.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Note - sunshine coast run cancelled

Sorry folks - have had to cancel the Sunshine Coast run. Please be sure to let the Hotel know.

Hey there everyone,
Here's the list
  • - Jun 8 & 9 - WCKC Sunshine coast run from Horseshoe Bay to Lund CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF ATTENDANCE
    [/LISTR

Everyone invited!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Passed you guys Today Heading South out of Mirror Lake

Hey there everyone,
I've done some planning for the upcoming year, ...........Here's the list
    [/LISTR

Was heading home to Kaslo on my Silver 07 GXP this afternoon (Sept7, 2013) and passed 8-10 Solstice's heading South towards Nelson going up the hill out of Mirror lake as I was going down.

Cool looking site to see. :):)

AL Beix
    Kaslo BC
    Toll Free 866 853-5835

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there everyone,
I've done some planning for the upcoming year, ...........Here's the list
    [/LISTR

Was heading home to Kaslo on my Silver 07 GXP this afternoon (Sept7, 2013) and passed 8-10 Solstice's heading South towards Nelson going up the hill out of Mirror lake as I was going down.

Cool looking site to see. :):)

AL Beix
    Kaslo BC
    Toll Free 866 853-5835

• Ya there was 7 of us. Lots of twisty roads, had a blast. Lots of pictures on our Facebook page. If your not on there check it and get connected. We are planing a few more runs for next summer, so if you have any ideas let Geoff know on the facebook page.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts