Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Wet Trunk after washing car

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Drex 
#1 ·
I know I've seen this mentioned before... but couldn't find a thread on it. After washing my car today I decided to check the trunk for any signs of water... I have never had any leaks before but this time the carpet in the trunk was wet where the top drain hose goes out, only on the drivers' side. Not a lot of water but enough to make the area wet. Has anyone else had water in this area? Also for the first time I noticed a small drip on each side of the top weather stripping where top meets the top of the windshield (the rubber wings). Now I'm wondering if I need a retro fit of my seals?

#2 ·
Loft_guy said:
I know I've seen this mentioned before... but couldn't find a thread on it. After washing my car today I decided to check the trunk for any signs of water... I have never had any leaks before but this time the carpet in the trunk was wet where the top drain hose goes out, only on the drivers' side. Not a lot of water but enough to make the area wet. Has anyone else had water in this area? Also for the first time I noticed a small drip on each side of the top weather stripping where top meets the top of the windshield (the rubber wings). Now I'm wondering if I need a retro fit of my seals?
Take it to your dealer he will have to put on a new deck seal. I needed one for our car.It's no big deal.

#10 ·
Loft_guy said:
My dealer resealed everything and I haven't had a problem in the trunk since. Getting my new window seals on Monday. If I'm lucky, maybe some gm sychromesh too. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.