Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new mysterious, #1836, is here. I am picking up at 3:00 PM today. I wil let you know more later. I can't believe the day is finally here.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You're a lucky person. Congrats ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Congratulations!! :) :)

Post some pictures if you get a chance!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Congratulations. Enjoy that baby

·
Registered
767 Posts
Looks like its raining Solsti. Congratulations! I just picked up my agressive yesterday. Have fun.
:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
What's the process here?

Congratulations ofcourse! But how does a car slip out of Wilmington every so often when hundreds lie in wait? I don't get it.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations, on your new ride. :party:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't believe I had to come back to work today. This car is awesome. I should have gotten my chiropractic license, I have never seen so many people turn their heads for so long and so fast. I took some pics at the dealer will get on hear later tonight. Right now all I want to do is drive.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...i know how you feel

Soldstice 41505 said:
I can't believe I had to come back to work today. This car is awesome. I should have gotten my chiropractic license, I have never seen so many people turn their heads for so long and so fast. I took some pics at the dealer will get on hear later tonight. Right now all I want to do is drive.
Got mine yesterday and had to work immediately after bringing it home. Now waiting for the rain to go away.
Congrats. Welcome to 'the club'.
:cool:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is killin' me being in here it is 79 degrees out and sunny as can be. I am takin' Friday off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A Newbie to this forum

Greetings Friends from Suny Arizona.

I would be grateful for your help and patience as I am a absolute newbie to this forum.

I have a few solstice questions and I would appreciate a reply and forgive me ina dvance if my questions are rather on the beginner side.

#1- I went to a local dealer and sat in a solstice and I was wondering, if one were to order an all power package would I be able to raise the seat as I
am not too tall and I felt rather low down and could not see over the front of the car?

#2- Does anyone know anything about the possibility of an automatic version being offered and possibly a turbo version?

I thank you for your time.
Arizona123

Soldstice 41505 said:
My new mysterious, #1836, is here. I am picking up at 3:00 PM today. I wil let you know more later. I can't believe the day is finally here.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Arizona123 -

1)Presently there aren't any height adjustments available
2)An automatic version is coming in the Spring. A turbo version hasn't been officially announced, but a number of companies are doing aftermarket kits.

·
2,574 Posts
Ok here's the deal. Welcome, by the way, but you must do some reading of past postings. There are discussions of literally every subject including those that you mention if you orient yourself through searches. Power package will not help you raise the seat. If it presents a problem for you you will have to do something to fit the seat to you. Not a big problem but the car as it stands won't do what you need. The sister car, The Saturn Sky, due out next spring may do what you need. Check. An automatic trans. will be available also after January 06, so stay tuned. Finally, there is much mention of a turbo version which the consensus feels will probably be announced in January 06 at the big annual show in Detroit. G.M. said they probably would. Ok, that's it for now. Start searching for further info like a good newbie (no harm meant, good luck) :)

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Birdliver brings up a good point regarding the seat adjustment. If the Sky comes out with a seat adjustment in the spring you will most likely be able to retrofit it to the Solstice as they are built on the same platform. I intend to raise mine up a couple inches on spacers. I’m 5’-6” so I feel your pain.
Welcome aboard.
:seeya:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts