Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want to know the price of a Solstice in NEW YORK!!!!

$32,000.00 Dollars

I have been asking my dealer for the price of my sol for the last 5 months. He kept saying "GM wont tell me until I get the Invoice"

BS!

My car is coming next week..

He has added on a:

NY MARKET INCREASE
of
$5000.00

I asked him, how did you conduct this market research??
He said, EBAY...

I was floored...
I gave him a $1000.00 deposit and now I own them over $30,800.00

Calling Pontiac Headquarters, now.... We were told at the Detroit party, this type of price gouging wouldn't be tolerated.

Any others have similiar horror stories

·
5,641 Posts
Keep us all up dated with how helpful program headquarters is.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Definitely call. Although not striclt enforcable maybe by law the dealers are certainly being strongly encouraged not to go over MSRP on the F1ks. That is a call that can't hurt you.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
BEN DOVER

You getting shafted by your dealer-big time.

Call/write/e-mail

This is so wrong.

"Where is Vinny?"

Take care-Steve

:willy:

·
5,641 Posts
Lets not get too wild in this thread until we all see how Program Headquarters handles it.

Then we can see how we can help "first 1k".

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Definately call EOP and complain. They helped a different forum member out of having to buy a lot of dealer add on extras he didn't want that the dealer included to inflate the price. I am sure they would talk to your dealer for you too. Good luck!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good advice small dealer

They just said they have heard this before, ( not to often )

Lets give it a chance, I will keep you posted!!!

This gives the dealership a bad reputation, IN my opinion. We have been very excited and they have been great, UP until TODAY!

For $35K I could get a BMW X4 roadster.

This "market increase" goes again the marketing idea of a "sexy, gorgeouse, 2 seat roadster for under $20,000"

I think this is a bad move on their part.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was under the impression that all first 1k cars were supposed to be sold at MSRP. I could easily be wrong since I wasn't part of the program.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
You never said if this is a first 1000 car or not? If it is then raise he||, it's in the promotion rules about MSRP. Tell them you are calling GM and they'll lose future allocations if they go 1 penny over MSRP.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mceb said:
You never said if this is a first 1000 car or not? If it is then raise he||, it's in the promotion rules about MSRP. Tell them you are calling GM and they'll lose future allocations if they go 1 penny over MSRP.
Yes, It is.

I have a VIN of 113.

Everyone has been GREAT so far..
The forum
The Detroit Party
The Great forum members I met at the Party
The GM executives we met with a the party.

We all have been made to "feel" being a part of the team.
( I didnt know what a code of 3800 meant six months ago!! )

Now, a week before the car ships, to find out my local dealer wants to "cash in" on all the Hype!!! :brentil: :brentil:

Signing off now... I dont want to boil over....
I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
976 Posts
make sure of the correct sticker on the car.

I thought you said that you owed the dealer $30,000 on top of the $1000 deposit? A FULLY LOADED from the factory car stickers for 25,000 even without the smokers package, that leaves a dealer markup of 6000 beyond sticker. Make sure GM gives you the correct sticker, I hate price gougers!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
first 1k said:
$32,000.00 Dollars

I have been asking my dealer for the price of my sol for the last 5 months. He kept saying "GM wont tell me until I get the Invoice"

BS!

He has added on a:

NY MARKET INCREASE
of
$5000.00

He said, EBAY...

I was floored...

Calling Pontiac Headquarters, now.... We were told at the Detroit party, this type of price gouging wouldnt be tollerated.

Any others have similiar horry stories
The creep is a crook he is taking you hostage.Yes call Pontiac.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
first 1k said:
$32,000.00 Dollars

BS!

He has added on a:

NY MARKET INCREASE
of
$5000.00

He said, EBAY...

I was floored...

Calling Pontiac Headquarters, now.... We were told at the Detroit party, this type of price gouging wouldn't be tolerated.

Any others have similiar horror stories
I would be furious !!!! Call GM

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cadillacricket said:
I thought you said that you owed the dealer $30,000 on top of the $1000 deposit? A FULLY LOADED from the factory car stickers for 25,000 even without the smokers package, that leaves a dealer markup of 6000 beyond sticker. Make sure GM gives you the correct sticker, I hate price gougers!
There was NY tax, tags, dealer prep, title fees, delivery, ( god know what else) wheel wax.
I just know he said I owe him $30,800 which would be $31,800. I will ask for a faxed quote.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
mceb said:
If you push hard he'll cave, he's just looking for a quick buck.

In the first post is a couple of PDFs of info on the program sent to dealers last March including the MRSP bit in case you want to refresh his memory ;)

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22270&postcount=1

Good luck.
MCEB!!!

YOU ROCK..

It states"
Dealers will be required to sell the first 1,000 exclusive Solstice Vehicles at MSRP. Not above"

THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

we will have a nice chat tomorrow....... ;)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Wonder how many regular allocation buyers are in for a similar experience? :cuss: but without the EOP rules to fall back on.

Makes the funny angles on the Sky look alot more appealing :yesnod:

·
5,641 Posts
first 1k said:
Dealers will be required to seel the first 1,000 exclusive Solstice Vehicles at MSRP. Not above"
That isn't the way it atually came out in the program rules. Pontiac changed it to "strongly suggest" instead of "required".

But hang in there.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
For some reason I can't get the pfd's to down load but...

Careful. If memory serves, the first word from GM said, "must sell at MSRP" and a later message said "strongly encouraged to sell at MSRP."

1 - 20 of 46 Posts