Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
if i have read this correctly it will have a retractable hardtop and will cost around 20,000. in the article it states

Volkswagen said in a statement that it will position the production version of the Concept C between the Golf and Passat model lines. The Golf line of coupes and sedans starts at $16,155 and includes beauties such as the $29,100, 240-horsepower R32 Golf. The Passat line of sedans and wagons begins at $22,355.

which leaves me to believe that it will start around 20,000, give or take a few thousand and

The four-seat Volkswagen show car also had a folding steel roof, which the driver could lower in just a few seconds. When the Concept C becomes a production car, it will be the least expensive hardtop convertible on the market.

from this i would expect a hardtop convertible.

Is this possible? or is vw going to have a base that is striped with a cloth top for 20k and then have the hardtop come in at a premium price?

Not to hijack the thread,but what would the weight of this top be like since it is a manual?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Brian said:
Not to hijack the thread,but what would the weight of this top be like since it is a manual?
It could be quite heavy and still be manually operated. Think about the heavy liftgates on SUVs. All VW has to do is place a few gas-charged struts in the right places, and voila! A manually operated heavy steel and glass (sunroof? really?) retractable hardtop that will work at least until the warranty expires!

·
Registered
182 Posts
good point i did not think about gas struts. Still it will be interesting to see how much the car will cost and what type of performance it will have.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
:agree

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
That car is totally generic looking. Almost everything about it except the retrac hardtop is lame. Talk about no trunk room, here you have a car with two extra passengers and a trunk full of top! If I wanted a four seat convertable, my choice, no doubt would be the new Mustang.

Suprise, suprise, no one wants a luxury car with VW on it. Maybe if came with daisy shaped wheels and flower holders, that might help. I really don't know why people buy VWs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts