Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone concerned about the roundness of the front of the solstice and that it may need a Bra :devil: or mask as they call it in the industry. Stone chips look like they could be bad!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Get a 3M clear bra. I have had one on my Lotus Elise, 350Z. S2000 and others. They work great and aren't visible. They will have a pattern out for the Solstice but even if they don't an experienced tech can make one for you. I am getting one for mine.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I will likely just drive it bra-less, but if I decide to go with a cover on the front end it certainly would be the 3M clear. I don't mind that it will pick up stone chips as it ages.

Either way, don't go with a canvas/cloth cover. They are good for throwing on the car to do a road trip on the highway to protect it from trucks throwing stones and stuff, but if you leave it on for any length of time it will trap dirt, dust, and moisture underneath it and destroy the finish anyway.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just went to xpel.com, the makers of the clear bra. I put in Solstice and it says they are designing it now. I will put it on the front, mirrors and behind the wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts