Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at all the pictures and all of a sudden I notice no sun visors?
Now I've never had a roadster before and dont know that much about them, only that I get very exicited looking at the sexy Pontiac Solstice. But please someone tell me do roadsters have sun visors or what??? :rant

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I just hope my eye level will be a little lower than the camera's. I'm a little concerned about the view out the windshield. I keep remembering people complaining about the stiff neck they got from a fifties era Porsche if you had to drive with the top up. Used to car pool with a guy that had cut a sun roof in his Lotus Europa just to see the traffic signals!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think eye level should be fine, if you turn the camera around to face the seat-back, you can look over the seatback as well, and from pictures I've seen of people in the car, they typically seem to sit down further anyways... as they always say about the solstice... you feel like you sit IN it, not ON it. So, I think the camera was raised higher than eye level.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I am sure any production roadster, or any car for that matter, would include sunvisors. Even if this prototype did not have them, I would expect them to show for production. Nobody makes cars without sdunvisors that I am aware of.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for the link, that was pretty cool. I hadn't really thought about not seeing any visors.

Here's something I haven't noticed yet, a radio antenna. All of the pictures I've seen, including that surround video, do not show the Solstice with a radio antenna. I personally like the seemless look that the lack of an antenna gives. My '79 Camaro does not have an external antenna on it, they incorporated the antenna into the windshield. Personally I do not listen to the radio much unless I'm driving on the interstate and want to know the traffic conditions coming into and out of major cities. Kinda interested to hear if anybody has any news on the antenna situation...

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Asked that a while ago - am told there is an antenna, but you won't see it on the show car. Don't know where it would go, but supposedly there is one.

Also, if they offer OnStar, then there's got to be a place for that antenna as well (maybe on the header?)

Of course, the SSR has the radio antenna in the windshield - so I guess that's a possibility, but I don't think so from what I inferred.

·
Registered
161 Posts
DreamerDave said:
I just hope my eye level will be a little lower than the camera's. I'm a little concerned about the view out the windshield. I keep remembering people complaining about the stiff neck they got from a fifties era Porsche if you had to drive with the top up. Used to car pool with a guy that had cut a sun roof in his Lotus Europa just to see the traffic signals!
There are posts on the Miata forum about removing the sunvisors. I guess a lot of them do remove the sun visors because there are after market companies that sell plugs and whatnot to make things look nice when they do.

We'll be sitting lower in the Solstice, so it should be less of a problem...

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Slipstream said:
My sources tell me the Solstice will come with a unique antenna system. The driver must wear them on their head. Like so. Lady-bug not included.
Are you sure the Lady-Bug antenna is not an extra cost dealer installed option? For an extra $500, you get the antenna package which places the Lady-bug and antenna in the passenger seat at time of delivery? :lol

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I could maybe spring for the $500 initial cost but I'm sure the constant maintenance would be the death of me. But what a way to go! :jester

·
Registered
161 Posts
DreamerDave said:
I could maybe spring for the $500 initial cost but I'm sure the constant maintenance would be the death of me. But what a way to go! :jester
Death might come sooner than expected when your wife sees that option!

Also wondering, what would that do to the cost of insurance?
Would we have to add an extra rider clause with such as option? Ba-da-boom. :rolleyes

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Maybe the dealer will offer a 3-4 year maintenance plan to get you started! :jester

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Regular servicing by a trained technician (like me) usually keeps maintenance complaints down. The nice thing about dealer installed options, is you can always wank them out when they start to piss you off!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Bizz said:
imglad there will be visors. not because im too cheap to buy sunglasses, but because thats where i plan on putting my front plate!
Off topic, but that is a good concern. Where will the front plate mount on this car and how bad will it look?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts