Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Solstice People,
I'm new to this forum. Yesterday I went and ordered a loaded Deep Solstice. What do you guys think of my chances of actually getting one before the 2007 model go into production? :cool: I've heard that half of the first years production has already been pre-sold. I was late getting on the PT Cruiser band wagon and had to wait for the second year to get one. I'm desparately hoping I don't have to do the same with the Solstice. Give me some hope.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm not really sure about how many the dealer has been allocated, but I'm the 8th person they placed an order for. My local dealer had already pre-sold the 4 they had been allocated. Several smaller dealers wouldn't even talk to me about ordering one. I had to travel about 70 miles to find a dealer. It's one of those MegaDealers that sell every brand with 4 wheels. :) The $500.00 refundable deposit seemed pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My best guess is that your in the 2nd 4 month period (assuming he's getting 4 in each allocation), so you would get it between December and March.

I had to drive 180 miles to find a dealer who had one as well as drop $1k down :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
You've got my hopes up.
December would be a great Christmas present and March a wonderful birthday. Anytime in between an excellent winter. :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Don't get your hopes up too high. I would say that you should have no problem getting an '06 model, but I place a guess at March/April of next year for delivery. They just got started and may ramp up slowly. Also, they're making the first 1000 cars before they start the first allocation cars. So production of the first four-month allocation may run until the end of November or December. Then you've got to add time for delivery on top of that. The allocations may vary, but based on an allocation of four cars, you should lock up the last spot in the second four-month allocation. That would probably run through the end of March or April. I don't mean to be a pessimist, but let's keep it realistic. I think that getting it this year is too much to hope for ... maybe if you were a really early second-allocation order.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG. Got a call from my local dealer. One of his 1st allocation canceled. I'm #4 in a 1st allocation now and at MSRP. :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sydney said:
OMG. Got a call from my local dealer. One of his 1st allocation canceled. I'm #4 in a 1st allocation now and at MSRP. :willy:
:cool: All this waiting thins out the herd :jester:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sydney said:
Great news :willy:

Patience is a virtue, now if we could just buy some more 'cause we're running low. :brentil:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Sydney said:
Awesome ... but how did you get bumped up to the first allocation instead of order #5, 6, or 7?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
1st Allocation (ordered two weeks ago)......Dealer Changed Ownership......

I ordered one of two Solstices just last week. I called every dealer in the Western US to find one that could get me onto the 1st allocation. How fortunate I was to find one dealer that was in a change of ownership situation that lasted 4 months. During the change of ownership, the dealer didn't take any orders for the Solstice. Just my forture, I called the New Fleet Manager two weeks ago and low and behold, I was the first "Freakin" pre-order (1st allocation). All the legal aspects of the change of ownership just cleared a few weeks ago. "HOW BOUT THAT". She didn't know anything about the Solstice (thank goodness for the forum, I told her to check with GM to find out how many cars they were receiving for the 1st allocation). She was shocked to know I could talk the car lingo. She called me later that day to tell me they were receiving two cars in the first allocation. Now that's a Blessing!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
It's funny, because at my dealer, I was the first and only order he took (first person to ever even mention the Solstice to them) until about a month ago. Now he has two orders taken.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Good deal ntouched, lucky break for you.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SlySol said:
Awesome ... but how did you get bumped up to the first allocation instead of order #5, 6, or 7?
I didn't ask but when I first spoke to the dealer they had pre-sold all their 1st allocation which was 4 cars. They put me on a stand by list incase someone changed their mind. :) I assume they haven't had any more allocatated to them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts