Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what kind of chances I have to get a Solstice, In about 3 weeks I will have disposable income for a new car(Which would be my first NEW car). Can you guys tell me what I may be told by a dealer in 3 weeks when it comes to the ''Limited Availability'' of this beauty.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't wait 3 weeks. Get down there NOW.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I would If I could, I wont have the money to put down on this thing for another 3 weeks, Im 19 working my ass off and going to school.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you can scrape up 500 bones, you can place an order.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Or if you have a credit card, you could charge your deposit. The bill shouldn't come due until next month, when you should have the money to pay it. Most dealers want a $500 to $1000 deposit to take your order.

Whether you order now or in three weeks, plan to wait until mid-winter before your Solstice is delivered, unless you are lucky enough to find a dealer with some cars left in thier initial four month allocation.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Many dealers like mine, will take a check and hold it. So you really have not spent the money until the car comes.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Come on guys be honest with him.

GM expects to build 7000 by the end of Dec 06. They say they have orders for 13,000. If you order one today you will be lucky to see it by spring.

Are you willing to wait 6-8 months to get your new car?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
LBJay said:
Come on guys be honest with him.

GM expects to build 7000 by the end of Dec 06. They say they have orders for 13,000. If you order one today you will be lucky to see it by spring.

Are you willing to wait 6-8 months to get your new car?
:agree: And if they don't find a way to boost production, I think they will be lucky to produce 16,000 by the end of the model years production in June. So, there may be people that order that never get it. Hope I'm wrong, but if you produce 16,000 and have orders for more, someone has to get left out. And I hope it's not me!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well damn, I hate to say it but I may go with my initial plan, which is get a 79-82 Trans Am and fix it up. I wanted my first car to be a new one and the Solstice kinda stole my heart, I'll wait until they wise up and put it in mass production. DAMNIT.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The production is about as MASS as it's going to get. There has only ever been intentions of making 20 thousand yearly. Waiting 6 months is about the only way ANYBODY will be able to get it for the next 2 years... unless you want to pay a 5k-ish premium to snag one of the dropped orders. If you want it, I'd say jump on the list now and maybe you can be 1st of a dealers 2nd allocation and you'll get it in spring. Go with your gut on this one, trust me. This is most definitely not the wisest/practical/economical decision I could make, but life is too short to second guess yourself sometimes. You only live once, so enjoy life while you can!

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
R37RO said:
Well damn, I hate to say it but I may go with my initial plan, which is get a 79-82 Trans Am and fix it up. I wanted my first car to be a new one and the Solstice kinda stole my heart, I'll wait until they wise up and put it in mass production. DAMNIT.
My advice is to get an old T/A and fix it up. The experience will last a lifetime and you have plenty of time to get new cars. My first car was a 1937 Ford when I was a little younger than you. I’ve had about 45 cars since then (I’m 61 now). Each car that you work on will give you more experience that will pay dividends down the road. There are cars coming in your future that will make the Solstice seem like old stuff. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts