Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are my chances? - New Update

Dealer just called (2nd dealer/2nd order - see other posts).

Said order is still at 1101 - which I expected since just placed on the 10th. However - he said that they have two dealer cars sitting at 3000 and has a call into the factory rep to see if they can get my order bumped to one of these.

What do you think my chances are on that?

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doesn't somebody have a guess?

Come on Giz, deluke, Smalldealer - give me your best guess - pleeeezeeeee? :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
By dealer car do you mean it's a car somebody ordered and gave up on? Why not just cancel your order and sign a purchase agreement for one of the 3000 level cars?

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ccosborne said:
By dealer car do you mean it's a car somebody ordered and gave up on? Why not just cancel your order and sign a purchase agreement for one of the 3000 level cars?
No, they are orders that the dealer placed for "stock", not cancelled orders. They are just trying to change the priority of my order - I think.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
MomsSol said:
No, they are orders that the dealer placed for "stock", not cancelled orders. They are just trying to change the priority of my order - I think.
would say it all depends on what their allocations are ..assume these are all second four month allocations....dont see why they cant bump yours to one that has been preferenced but not sure the system will allow once it has coded 3000 as it has already been pulled from the dealers allocation pool...dont know for sure...SD or CC would have to let us know

·
5,641 Posts
MomsSol said:

Ok I will put in a guess if I am being called on it: 1% of changing an order already at the event code #3000 level.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I was expecting to be the answer :(

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Ok I will put in a guess if I am being called on it: 1% of changing an order already at the event code #3000 level.

oh come on...give her the benefit of a doubt

1 1/2%

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dealernut said:
oh come on...give her the benefit of a doubt

1 1/2%
Wow - Do I hear 2% now, who'll give me 2.....I got 1.5 who will raise to 2?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
MomsSol said:
I do not belong on THAT list. If I seem tall, it is because I am standing on THEIR shoulders!

But let me say this from my own experience. Here are some important events on my Vehicle Order Event History which might give you some hope:

2000 Accepted by GM
2050 Order Changed
2500 Preferenced 06/28
3000 Accepted by Production Control 06/29
3100 Available to Sequence 07/14
several more pairs of 3000 & 3100 (last pair on 08/17 08/29)
1101 Preliminary Order Added 08/29 (big backstep, eh?)
2050 Order Changed 08/29 (again!)
3100 Available to Sequence 08/29 (again!)
3300 Schedule for Production (yaaaaahhhhhh!)

So, in my humble opinion, yes they can make SOME changes even when it has hit 3000. It might slow THAT car down a week but it would move YOU up by months!

GO FOR IT!

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gizmo2004 said:
I do not belong on THAT list. If I seem tall, it is because I am standing on THEIR shoulders!

But let me say this from my own experience. Here are some important events on my Vehicle Order Event History which might give you some hope:

2000 Accepted by GM
2050 Order Changed
2500 Preferenced 06/28
3000 Accepted by Production Control 06/29
3100 Available to Sequence 07/14
several more pairs of 3000 & 3100 (last pair on 08/17 08/29)
1101 Preliminary Order Added 08/29 (big backstep, eh?)
2050 Order Changed 08/29 (again!)
3100 Available to Sequence 08/29 (again!)
3300 Schedule for Production (yaaaaahhhhhh!)

So, in my humble opinion, yes they can make SOME changes even when it has hit 3000. It might slow THAT car down a week but it would move YOU up by months!

GO FOR IT!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

You say you don't belong on that LIST but I've seen all the posts and all the good info you have provided in this forum. So by my standards - you're ON THE LIST! :yesnod:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I tried to change one at code 3000 and it was refused by the computer. Tried calling Chris Ayotte direct (Solstice Project Manager,) and even tried calling the plant manager...all with no luck. But, who knows...maybe he's not as stressed out now as he was in July and August.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
MomsSol said:
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

You say you don't belong on that LIST but I've seen all the posts and all the good info you have provided in this forum. So by my standards - you're ON THE LIST! :yesnod:
Thanks, MomsSol, you made my day! :blush:

Still, cadillacricket is the yardstick we use to measure around this Forum! He's the greatest!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
conejo148 said:
I tried to change one at code 3000 and it was refused by the computer. Tried calling Chris Ayotte direct (Solstice Project Manager,) and even tried calling the plant manager...all with no luck. But, who knows...maybe he's not as stressed out now as he was in July and August.
Was that on your 000148, rabbit? They might have been reluctant to change a F1K, but now it's just another car in the line!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
My dealer is one of the biggest in the area. What does that mean for me? I mean he owns all pontiac, olds, and GMC's in the city. The only other pontiac dealer is across the river in moline. I live in quad cities if anyone knows what I mean. The dealer is John Keadys. Its on the web!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Small Dealer said:
I agree with you a very small chance. But strange thing have happened.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SmokinSolstice said:
My dealer is one of the biggest in the area. What does that mean for me? I mean he owns all pontiac, olds, and GMC's in the city. The only other pontiac dealer is across the river in moline. I live in quad cities if anyone knows what I mean. The dealer is John Keadys. Its on the web!
What's your dealers allocation for 2nd period? And does he already have customer orders b/4 yours?

My dealer is a larger dealer too in Western PA but becuz we are "Northern" and its not warm weather season his allocations may have been decreased for this period. May be the same for your area - sorry I didn't see where you are from. Seems southern states may get more allocations for winter months due to better sales for convertibles - ours will pick up in the spring. (from what I've read on this forum)

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Im from bettendorf Iowa. Hope it still mean I get it in the spring...not my ordering getting picked up in the spring.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SmokinSolstice said:
Im from bettendorf Iowa. Hope it still mean I get it in the spring...not my ordering getting picked up in the spring.
My dealer has told me that his factory rep thinks possible delivery on this allocation could be Mid-February. I would be pleasantly suprised. If I get by April/May would be nice!

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
MomsSol said:
My dealer has told me that his factory rep thinks possible delivery on this allocation could be Mid-February. I would be pleasantly suprised. If I get by April/May would be nice!
My dealer is getting a red sol in that is just for stock. I don't know what options or anything else other than it is red. If you want the info to contact him, pm me.

Missy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts