Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok not that it really matters, but what are the true 0-60 and 1/4 mile times ? From doin research I found a range of base: 6.7 - 7.7 and 14.9 - 15.8. GXP: 5.2 -6.1 and 13.9 - 14.5.

Car and driver managed to get the base to 6.7 0-60 when they tested it with the miata. On the other hand motortrend managed only 7.7 0-60 on the first drive. They tested again and got 7.4. Why such a wide range of numbers?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Why such a wide range of numbers?
Ah, maybe because cars vary, people vary and environmental conditions vary?

Do a search, there are a couple threads with trap tapes posted. Hell, we have one forum member that managed to crack past 14 in the 1/4 with an N/A. :bow: Granted, he had modded and lightened, but he never put forced induction on.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
0-60 4.6 secs., 1/4 = 13.1

Oops, sorry, those are my Fiero times.....;)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Using my Dashawk I have seen 4.6 0-60 times pretty consistently but my car is far from stock. The big advantage I and many others have is the tune bumped up the red line so we hit 60 in second, knocks of a bunch of time when you don't have to shift to third.

Never done the 1/4 more interested in corners than straight lines.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran with a 06 dodge charger R/T today and I lost of coarse but I didn't lose that bad! I was on his rear tire all the way to 60mph when we shut down. I have the base and the reason for me actually asking was because I didn't want to get dusted by my nieces mustang v6 vert! Talking about being embarrassing! I'm not a racer! I'm more show/ beauty of the car than trying to kill someone on the road! The Sols is a crazy fun car! If you can't tell, YES I'm a NOOb!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The fact you could hang with the R/T at all, being an N/A; just says something about the
Charger. Charger = just another pig heavy soccer mom grocery getter........

·
Registered
6,939 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
In any car that is remotely fast, 0-60 is a horrible weight measure anything. It's all dependent on the tires.

With my rx7 my 0-60 could probably vary 3 seconds just based on my tire selection.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I ran with a 06 dodge charger R/T today and I lost of coarse but I didn't lose that bad! I was on his rear tire all the way to 60mph when we shut down. I have the base and the reason for me actually asking was because I didn't want to get dusted by my nieces mustang v6 vert! Talking about being embarrassing! I'm not a racer! I'm more show/ beauty of the car than trying to kill someone on the road! The Sols is a crazy fun car! If you can't tell, YES I'm a NOOb!
Based on personal experience, you will be able to run neck and neck with an entry level Charger of that same year.

·
Registered
459 Posts
0 to 60: 3.9 seconds

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Yes, aside from LS3 power, you need to get it to the road. I imagine there would be some sticky tires involved!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts