Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what these are for?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2006/2006-Pontiac-Solstice-Roadster-Rear-Top-1024x768.htm

I'm thinking maybe they are tie-down points for the 'buttresses' I have heard about on the convertible top.

Also, check out the wallpaper I just put in the gallery under 'member exterior photos'. It clearly shows a 'bump' down the middle of the hood that I can't see in any other photos. Wonder if it's new or if we just didn't have the resolution to see it before.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, you are right about the crease down the hood. It also extends down into the rest of the nose, and then past the Pontiac emblem too. I'll try to find some other high res hood images to see if I can see it there too.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
II think your right on about them being some sort of tie down point for the convertable top buttresses. Since the top has not been finalized, I wouldn't count on them being there when it reaches production, but if they are thats fine too. They must be some sort of snap, if they are for the softtop.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
I wish they were mounting points for a removable hard top. Maybe if we start a rumor, it'll come true.
I'll buy into that rumor, why not?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, because they don't look like cotter pins or some sort of latch system for the trunk. It could be a latch system for a hard top roof kind of like the j-spec one you can get imported from Japan for the MR2, or the same type of roof for the Miata. Or it might just be tie down spots for the cloth roof.

GM you're causing us such headaches by not showing us the roof!!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Wish they were mounting points for a hard top, but then how would you get the trunk open? You'd have to remove the hard top right there at the grocery store to put your milk and eggs in the trunk ('cause there's only room for a quart of milk and a half dozen eggs).

·
Registered
281 Posts
nah, those are for the dual rear radio antenae. no wait, those are for the standard luggage rack! :jester

·
Registered
91 Posts
You had better protect the passenger seat with some plastic or a magic potion because a lot of groceries are going to sit there. :thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
A key-hole on either side of the car so you don't have to walk around it to open it up! :lol

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Wish they were mounting points for a hard top, but then how would you get the trunk open? You'd have to remove the hard top right there at the grocery store to put your milk and eggs in the trunk ('cause there's only room for a quart of milk and a half dozen eggs).
Problem is though, even if it's not for the hard top but for the soft top, you'd still have to breakdown the top partially to open the trunk. :banghead

Hey GM lurkers, tell someone somewhere to post an image of the top please!!! There that'll fix everything :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Maybe they are trunk lid releases. :grouphug

·
Registered
161 Posts
Actually, they're cover plugs for an option that Pontiac has been keeping under wraps for year two.

The one behind the driver is a moisture sensor. When the top is down and it rains, it will cause the optional folding hardtop to raise automatically.

The other one is just a dummy sensor cover to keep the design symmetry.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I've got it! Some engineers left their loose change lying around right before the photo shoot! :jester

1 - 17 of 17 Posts