Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two things.....I think I might have missed this in an earlier post but.....the little black gismos on the rear deck.....and the undressed (raw) bolt and nut in the drivers foot well down near the floor?????

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
The black things are to protect the rear deck from the top when it is up. The screw... think of it as a birth mark. :D

BTW. Your license plate can be read SOLST Z06. That's like what 500hp! Put on the duel exhausts and I bet you could fool a lot of people into thinking you have a V8 under the hood.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
SOLSTZ06 said:
Two things.....I think I might have missed this in an earlier post but.....the little black gismos on the rear deck.....and the undressed (raw) bolt and nut in the drivers foot well down near the floor?????

Bill
If you have XM, then the black bubble in the middle of the decklid is the antenna, if that's not it, i have no idea. As far as the nut and bolt, I'm waiting to see mine tomorrow(hopefully) to see what others have talked about and if its an issue.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greatwhitenorth also has this bolt sticking in from the left side near the floor, these black triangles are very small, about an inch square, what are they protecting from?

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
SOLSTZ06 said:
Greatwhitenorth also has this bolt sticking in from the left side near the floor, these black triangles are very small, about an inch square, what are they protecting from?

Pictures of black triangle? My understanding of the triangles on the deck to protect from the butress was that they were clear.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
It's my understanding that the clear plastic does protect the paint from the butress, but at the point where the buttress meets the rear window, the plastic just wasn't enough. So they added these little hard plastic pieces that do the job great. I've seen them in person and they are very small, maybe the size of a quarter.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It seems that the small black triangles are there to protect the paint at the very edge of the trunk lid from being chipped by the buttress posts while opening/closing. Notice that if the buttresses did not fully retract for some reason or if somebody bumped them while opening the rear, the trunk lid would pop right up into the metal post (the latch mechanism that snaps into place) and probably chip the paint. The plastic triangles are positioned such that they would prevent that from happening.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts