Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious since I have seen a few mentions in some of the other threads and was surprised by the diversity. I am personally driving a 2000 Cougar still that I got new. It was the best looking and best driving car available at that time - I got it with a 170 HP V6 and a 5-speed for under 15K. And it handles fantastically for this class.

I like GM a lot but am not stuck to them. In fact, I wouldn't mind having a Chrysler Crossfire but they are sort of pricey, although not bad compared to their competition.

Needless to say, either me or my will be wife will be driving a Solstice when they come out. After all, what could you buy better for 20K?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Current Vehicle

I'm presently driving a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT6, with all the bells and whistles. It's silver with black leather interior. I love it. It handles really well and does all I need. Fantastic sound system in it. I also have a GT40 look-alike -- a Fiberfab Avenger from the 1960/70s. It's in great condition and I use it as a show car. I drove it from central Ohio to the Kit Car show in Carlisle, PA, last year. I reckon I can sell them both and end up with enough to buy a new Solstice. That's my thinking, anyway. I'll be sorry to let the Tiburon go (and the GT40, for that matter) but I really like the Solstice.

·
Registered
535 Posts
lancemb said:
It was the best looking and best driving car available at that time - I got it with a 170 HP V6 and a 5-speed for under 15K. And it handles fantastically for this class.
Wow! I'm glad you like your car, but don't you think if that were true, it would still be in production?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I am currently driving a 2002 Wrangler Sahara as my daily driver and also have an 88 Pontiac Fiero Formula as more of a toy. Its basically stock, and has 103K miles, but its still in fairly good shape and fun to drive.

I am planning on picking up a Solstice to use as my primary vehicle and keep the Jeep around for our snowy winters. I'll keep the Fiero too, and will begin restoring it once I have the Solstice to drive around! :smile

·
Registered
284 Posts
2000 triple black Corvette vert.

head/cam, Ripper shifter, long tube headers, x-pipe, Corsas, Vortex ram air, CCW wheels, custom interior. It's very loud and very fast. :D

Wife drives an Audi Allroad.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Sadly, an '03 Saturn VUE. Getting sick of doing the "practical" thing. The Solstice will be a second vehicle. Traded in a fairly well-modified '99 GTP for the VUE, and sold our '91 Miata (second car) before we moved back to the mainland from Hawaii.

·
Registered
161 Posts
current summer vehicle

I have a 1982 Corvette Collector Edition that I bought a few years ago for its looks. Not a performance vehicle by any stretch of the imagination. But it works for my Walter Mitty moments... :lol

It is on the road from May to October here in NE PA. The rest of the time a plain 1999 4 door Saturn has the duty.

Personally, I'd like to keep the '82 for the nostalgia and local short pleasure trips, have the '99 do winter duty and have a Solstice for long summer drives around the Northeast...

·
Registered
21 Posts
As well as the ones I mentioned above, I had a 2002 Xtreme fully loaded but dumped it because the only part of it that was "Xtreme" was looks...power :blows a rasberry: nil. I couldn't even make the tires spin. Waiting to buy my new vert in 2005 (Mustang GT or Solstice) I hate to admit, Mustang is first on the list mainly because of the fact that the first year production of Solstice may only be available in a standard. I prefer standard but my wife doesn't and she wants to enjoy the vert too. I am watching and will not buy until I know all the facts.

I also have a 70 Karmann Ghia convertible which I am selling this week.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Presently am driving a 1990 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4. Have to have atleast one 4x4 as am a cattle rancher. The Solstice will be my escape vehicle. Will have to.....but almost can't wait

·
Registered
55 Posts
Curently I drive 3 vehicles....I have
1997 Pontiac Grand AM SE V6 green
1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE(with a few mods to put her up over 300hp :devil ) fire engine Red
2000 Ford Explorer XLS Midnight metallic Blue
I also drive my sisters 1992 Chevy Caviler RS w/ 3.1V6

·
Registered
91 Posts
Two sedans

Currently own a '98 Chrysler Concorde and a '02 Suburu Outback. Don't need two "sedans" so will sell the Concorde and get me a Solstice and have some fun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have two vehicles, a 97 Pontiac GP GT and an 01 Olds Silhouette. My Pontiac has 167,000+, and I have my fingers crossed that it will last another couple of years, so that I can have a Solstice for my summer fun. If it doesn't, I can't afford two new cars, so the Solstice would not make it to my garage (darn).

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Daily drive a '92 Honda Civic SI with lots of 10 year old (before it was cool)performance mods. On weekends it's a triple black '73 Buick Riviera. More Bondo than steel, but 15.8 seconds and 4890 pounds at 145,000 miles. I bought for my son a '94 Camaro B4C (ex-cop car) but he only lets me drive it when "it's makeing a funny noise."

Manxpilot....in 1968 I worked at a hotdog stand a hundred yards down the street from the Fiberfab factory in California. Spent a lot of time lusting over the gold painted GT40 with a gold plated engine they had in their showroom. I may have seen your body being made! Wanted to buy the "Jamacan" body they had for the MGA I was driving at the time and steal the engine out of mom's '62 Buick Special. But, guess what, hotdog stands didn't pay enough. :lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ideal Car

For me the GT40 is THE car (well, all right, that and the Jaguar D Type long nose!). But it's w-a-a-a-a-y out of my price range. The Fiberfab Avenger is a pretty accurate depiction of it however (also only 40in high) so I can have my Walter Mitty moments without busting my wallet. Actually I'm lucky in that I found this particular one which is in excellent shape.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Right now I'm driving a 91 Toyota Celica GT, and a Plymouth Sundance. I also have a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR. I dont really come from a rich family but i've been doing the math and 2 years after this car comes out my parents SHOULD be mortgage free, so I can hassle them for the car! Plus by then I will have my engineering degree and will be racking in some money. BTW im new to this site, hello!

1 - 20 of 192 Posts