Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Looking for suggestions and if possible images of good color charge pipes, intake, coil cover that would go with my mean yellow solstice.

I'm looking at going with DDM or PAW (if PAW I can go yellow and will likely go that route, however I like the mandrel bent pipes from DDM, unfortunately they don't offer them in yellow)

Thanks all!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if I go DDM i'm going to go with "turbo silver", "graphite", or "black".
If I go PAW i'll go with yellow.

Anyone have any images of anything powdercoated "turbo silver" or "graphite" from DDMworks?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I would have suggested the DDM "polished" option, but I see that they are no longer being offered. Just "turbo silver" which I'm assuming is silver powdercoating.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I think that the polished or silver pipes look best. The yellow they can supply is highly unlikely to match your car paint colour and may clash. Besides, first you have to decide whether you are going after the carnival float effect with everything under the hood you can turn yellow done that way.

I tend to be a bit restrained on my car - I have polished alloy pipes and a red cam cover, both from DDM.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Get them raw and not painted and take them to a local shop to have them power coated in a color of your choice.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Where did you find the reservoir covers?? Those look GREAT!
They are from Performance Autowerks... hurry, they are having a sale!

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,528 Posts
Sweet! Going with turbo silver, I like the more subtle look.
That was my vibe here. Something that looks good but stealth.. almost OEM-ish as California has stringent smog checks every two years.
I just drop the plastic cover back on the engine and she looks pretty “stock” to the uninitiated

1 - 17 of 17 Posts