Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently had to fix some cosmetic changes which were pretty expensive. The mechanics shop told me I need to go to my dealership and I understand that is General Motors but what does General Motors belong to? Chevrolet? I can’t seem to find a general motors dealership anywhere near me. It’s hard finding cosmetic thing for my car.Where do you guys go to get cosmetic things such as like a new cupholder or steering wheel.I don’t specifically need those things but there are cosmetic things I can’t find anywhere else such as the center consul cup of water and the plastic gas line or filler.

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
any GM dealership should be able to deal with the car:
Chevy, Buick/GMC , Cadillac

we've been told that Cadillac is more expensive than Chevy for the same work...

I myself use a Buick/GMC dealer when I need something my local mechanic does not want to deal with...

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
as far as the other stuff you mention, google search is your best bet.

example -> type this into the search bar of google...
cupholder replacement site:solsticeforum.com

to see the many years-worth of conversation on the cupholder.

Change 'cupholder replacement' with any other phrase you like.
The solstice forum is a wealth of information. You just use this search technique to get to it...

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Chevy, Buick, GMC, Cadillac are all General Motors brands. Pontiac is a discontinued brand that was dropped during GM's bankruptcy. The Solstice, being a limited number of vehicles produced, did not have a lot of experienced mechanics that have worked on them and that is only worsening as time goes on. I had a local Chevy dealer completely [email protected]#$ up a water pump replacement. A nearby Buick dealer was a totally enjoyable experience for a catalytic convertor replacement. (They even forced GM's hand for a loaner while I was waiting for the replacement part.)

As others have said above, on-line is just about as good a source as through a dealership and likely to save you some money.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
767 Posts
around hear you dont take it to chevy it will be effed up. as for parts,I get most of what Ive needed from ebay.and vent from hoosier...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts