I would think either color matched yellow or black would look good on a yellow Solstice.
I may end up wrapping the tulip panel also but it looks like a harder job.
Probably my biggest fail to date. Clear coated the panel with SEM matte clear, and for some reason, on the last coat a few blobs of clear sprayed from the gun on to the panel. After it dried, I attempted to polish them out and got a little too aggressive and went right through the clear in one spot. So I decided to re-do the whole thing. Sprayed it down again with Easy off, but it had no effect on the SEM paint. Tried laquer thinner and acetone, but it was slow going, so I tried some paint stripper. Long story short, the stripper caused multiple cracks in the panel so I threw it in the trash. Ugh. Luckily I had another panel laying around.
Man, that looks like professionally done! Nice
Nice job! I've had trouble painting chromed plastic in the past but did what you did with thorough sanding and priming, and it held up well.Blacked out the chrome shifter ring. Rough sanded the chrome, coated with 2k epoxy primer, covered w/ SEM Ebony then SEM low luster clear, hopefully it'll stick. I've had problems in the past painting chrome.
Also installed my new custom shifter boot and shift knob, along with custom saddle bags. View attachment 110164
View attachment 110165