Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2128 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Sol NA (work in progress)
157 Posts
New black grills on the Sol. Buddy has a lift, which made things easier than doing this on my back. Dropped the bumper cover completely, flipped it over and had these puppies installed in no time. Like the look a lot better than the OEM silver.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hopefully that will sound Good!!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Nice day in S/E Michigan, sunny and 50F so I decided to swap out the coupe's somewhat worn original cloth seats with the nice pair a N/A black leather seats I picked up recently.
1st picture original cloth seats

Drivers seat out, found almost $2 USD's in loose change! Now I can think about retiring! LOL

Drivers seat changed

Both Seats swapped. This is about as close to cloning the Street edition look I will get this year. To complete it I would have to have the leather seats stitching changed to orange, and I believe the door cards also. I do have orange stitching on the shifter boot and steering wheel.

Test drove it and no issues with the air bag sensor or any squeeking!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Woke mine up for a short shake down cruise. Cleaned and washed it, touchup portions with new ceramic coating and polished it. Put it back in garage and covered it up again. We're almost there, but not quite yet.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1,457 Posts
It's not what I did, it's what I have to do.....

It's got an afro!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Well I can tell you that it can hold at least 1000 lbs. I had a full grown Bull Elk on top of the car and it didn't collapse. It didn't bend it either. He was HUGE too. about 3/4 the length of the car. He ran into the B pillar area of the drivers side and spun. his rear feet hit the front of the car right next to the headlight and then he rolled over onto the top.

He hit so hard it put the car up onto 2 wheels....

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
798 Posts
well....I put mouse traps with cat treets in them...to try to skeer off the cat ( cats). sofar one has been triped and no cat in sight now.....I hope it last.I dont need no effing cay clawing my top...already did atleast once as I can see the car cover claw marks. Ive been keeping rubber snakes on it but I reckon they figured out those did not bite..the trap will skeer the mess out of a cat. how long I dont know. sad thing is I like cats.but not the pee on the cover or the clawing.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
well....I put mouse traps with cat treets in them...to try to skeer off the cat ( cats). sofar one has been triped and no cat in sight now.....I hope it last.I dont need no effing cay clawing my top...already did atleast once as I can see the car cover claw marks. Ive been keeping rubber snakes on it but I reckon they figured out those did not bite..the trap will skeer the mess out of a cat. how long I dont know. sad thing is I like cats.but not the pee on the cover or the clawing.
Amazon has something called Cat Mace. I use it to keep cats from going under my garage just before they have kittens. Seems to work pretty well, just have to do it every two-three days to keep it fresh.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Moth balls have worked pretty well for. Just about any critter with a sensitive nose will stay away. They cured my mouse problem completely.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
BB/Pellet gun, lawn chair, case of beer and some time.

sometimes ya just have to go old school (or hillbilly) to take care of the problem..

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
BB/Pellet gun, lawn chair, case of beer and some time.

sometimes ya just have to go old school (or hillbilly) to take care of the problem..
I would think that, where you live, the cats MIGHT require something more like a .30-.30

·
Registered
2006 Cool Silver NA 2008 Pure White NA
330 Posts
My wife is the official Cat Lady of the neighborhood. I worry about this problem all too often. As for breaking out the Crossman, I worry more about hitting the cars than the cat(s). We keep at least two thin covers and one thick one over the Solsti. When I do see cats on the cars, I politely and gently remove them. If you go out waving your arms and cussing like a sailor the cats tend to freak and create the possibility of scratching the car. So I talk nicely to them (good kitty), pick them up off the car, gently put them down, then give them a boot in the a$$. I find cats on the cars less often. It's the dam chickens I'm starting to worry about. They are more cunning and smarter than one might think..... But at least we can eat the chickens.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
@Bama

Do you own a coupe? BWAHAHAHAH!!!

OK so it wasn't that funny...

I told my wife that I wanted to raise chickens.. and she said what for., I said eggs!.. then she asked if I would name them.. I said yeah I would.. Fried, BBQ, General Tso's, Orange... etc...

·
Registered
2006 Cool Silver NA 2008 Pure White NA
330 Posts
Those covers look really good!

2081 - 2100 of 2128 Posts