Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2128 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
thanks to a tip from cammerjeff, I received 4 new wheels today.
3rd stimulus check has been spent!

more wheel details here -> Wanted Pontiac Street edition wheels

oh yeah - I drove top-down to the bank as it is/was 75+ degrees in NJ today - but windy !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
I'm sitting here waiting on the cable guy! It is a cloudless, 75f day, the sol is clean and the top is down and I'm waiting on the cable guy who was supposed to be here two hours ago! And unlike sirwm, I haven't gotten my second stimulus check yet, not to mention the third one. The powers that be are ruining my day!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am sorry there is no joy for Bill today, but happy I could help with the S/E wheels sirwm!

Reactions: sirwm and joybill44

·
Registered
235 Posts
It was nice warm spring day. Took the GXP out for an afternoon drive in the countryside with my youngest daughter. Came across an old 60s Stingray driver giving us a wave. Then later a C7 driver giving us a double take at a T-junction before downshifting to rev his V8. We played a bit at some B-road bends but quickly caught up to a pick-up truck.
All in all a nice pleasant post-winter first drive.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
798 Posts
washed again...detailed the interior again...went for a ride again.....all covered up again sleeping till tomorrow... it has been using a lot of fuel lately...of coarse the wifes honda element has been broken for a week so my solstice has been doing double duty...lots of around town& fun little drives after dropping wife off at work.perhaps thats where the fuel went :eek: I fixed most of her honda yesterday so she has it now.but my solstice wanted to go for a ride to lowes today. it took me along.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2.0l Auto
5 Posts
Well, when I introduced myself to the forum in February, I said that my new (to me) 2007 GPX was in Myrtle Beach but would go to the mountains of western NC this summer. I managed to put 150 miles on it in Myrtle Beach, everything ran great.

Thanks to Ghost for pointing out the original tires, even at 47k miles there was plenty of tread (selling point to the wife!). Well, I crawled underneath and sure enough the tires were produced in December 2006. So, Sparty Deep got some new shoes in anticipation for the 300 mile trip to the mountains, can’t be wearing 14 year old shoes!

After 5 hours or so of divided roads and freeways the car ran like a top. Then the last 30 minutes in the mountains, oh my, this thing is like a slot car! The normally 45 minute trip took 30 minutes. Whoa, I think I see a whole bunch of twisty road miles this summer. What a blast!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Beautiful -- my favorite color on the roadster. And yes, those roads will be a joy; I've travelled the region on and off over the years, and the combination of mild weather and decent, enjoyable, winding roads... nice. Enjoy!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I took the LS2 Mallet out topless for the 1st time this year, great fun!

Reactions: Wpetrie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Buffed out a smiley face some smart-ass scratched into the paint of the trunk. Came out pretty good, but just disgusted that somebody would do this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, when I introduced myself to the forum in February, I said that my new (to me) 2007 GPX was in Myrtle Beach but would go to the mountains of western NC this summer. I managed to put 150 miles on it in Myrtle Beach, everything ran great.

Thanks to Ghost for pointing out the original tires, even at 47k miles there was plenty of tread (selling point to the wife!). Well, I crawled underneath and sure enough the tires were produced in December 2006. So, Sparty Deep got some new shoes in anticipation for the 300 mile trip to the mountains, can’t be wearing 14 year old shoes!

After 5 hours or so of divided roads and freeways the car ran like a top. Then the last 30 minutes in the mountains, oh my, this thing is like a slot car! The normally 45 minute trip took 30 minutes. Whoa, I think I see a whole bunch of twisty road miles this summer. What a blast!

View attachment 112091
Had Little Red out this past weekend and drove 321 between Boone and Hampton. Awesome ride with lots of hard turns to put the new tires to the test. Have fun! We deserve it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
,I wish my parrents still had the chalet up in the nc smokeys(cashiers)I would love to buzz my solstice up there a few times.thats a awesome area to have a blast..I dont know if I will ever get a chanch to just go up there for a drive since my kids moved form knoxvill to mem. but you never know.I didnt seem to get anything done on my sol today, just some thinken...too much thinken.I have to stay away from that kind of stuff it's hazzerdust to my wallet.

·
Premium Member
2007 Sol NA (work in progress)
157 Posts
since my kids moved form knoxvill to mem
If you ever DO get over that way, take a look at the Natchez Trace. Not your typical 80 mph drive (more like 50, and they DO patrol it regularly), but what a great ride. Can go down to Natchez and come back up along the river into Memphis.

·
Registered
696 Posts
well yesterday the coupe went into limp home mode on the freeway 5 miles from my house, looks like I will be changing plugs & maybe the #2 coil pack this weekend. It was pouring down rain at the time, good oil pressure and engine temp so I drove it the last 5 miles, Fingers crossed its something simple.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1,457 Posts
@cammerjeff

Thats odd that it went into limp mode.. I had a bad coil and had a really bad misfire, flashing check engine light and all.. Car never went into limp mode when this was happening.

·
Registered
798 Posts
we were toward glenvill about 3 miles out of cashiers in " the forest "( old dominion road or drive I think) halfway up the mountain.... dad has since died, mom wishes she kept it...so do I I tried hard to get them to keep it. great aera especialy for cars like we have.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2.0l Auto
5 Posts
we were toward glenvill about 3 miles out of cashiers in " the forest "( old dominion road or drive I think) halfway up the mountain.... dad has since died, mom wishes she kept it...so do I I tried hard to get them to keep it. great aera especialy for cars like we have.
I think Old Dominion Road is about halfway between Cashiers and Glenville We keep a boat on Lake Glenville and I think we pass it on the way to the marina. Lake Glenville is a beautiful part of the world! Will be back there for a week starting tomorrow, the car will get some exercise!

2101 - 2120 of 2128 Posts