Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2302 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yesterday I removed that hideous dealership sticker from the rear bumper. I can't believe it took me 4 months to do so. I thought it was going to be much more difficult to remove and I was hesitant to do something I would regret. That thing came off like it was put on a week ago. It really was hideous....big....white...and on my deep blue it just screamed at you.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Yesterday I removed that hideous dealership sticker from the rear bumper. I can't believe it took me 4 months to do so. I thought it was going to be much more difficult to remove and I was hesitant to do something I would regret. That thing came off like it was put on a week ago. It really was hideous....big....white...and on my deep blue it just screamed at you.
same thing happened to me. The dealer had a huge dealership sticker installed. Fortunately, I asked them to remove it before I left and they did so without hesitation.

·
Registered
2006 Cool Silver NA 2008 Pure White NA
355 Posts
Dealership had two on my wife's Solstice. Small one on the rear bumper, and a windshield banner-type w/their Internet address across the back glass. That one had to go, but we let them leave the one on the bumper. Didn't take but a split second to point out the danger w/it on the back glass. An obviously stupid move to put it there.

Today I'm headed for an appointment to have the A/C serviced. When it's not raining down here temps are getting close to 100.

·
Registered
2006 Cool Silver NA 2008 Pure White NA
355 Posts
Hokey Smokie!!! Do not get a quote on replacing the A/C compressor! Just go ahead and sell your first born, then go talk to the mechanic.

·
Registered
2006 Solstice, 2.4l L4 NA
42 Posts
I almost never use a horn on any car, usually by the time somebody is doing something ignorant enough to require it I have already moved away from that person and/or yelling expletives at them so loud the horn couldn’t compete :)
I have a neighbor who used to play really bad music really loud on his car stereo out in his driveway—I mean, so loud I had to wait for a pause between "songs" to yell at him to turn it down. After a few weeks of this he made the terribly bad decision to start ignoring me and continue blasting his "music," so I ordered a Kleinn 102 dual truck horn, added a trigger and a plug to connect it to an air hose from my compressor, and waited. Next time the show started, I pointed the air horns at the source and gave it a blast. At first nothing happened, so I gave him another, longer blast. Finally, he turned it off and hasn't turned it back on since, so I only got to use the air horn once, but it was still worth every cent. I'd love to put it on my Solstice, but I can't figure out where to put the compressor and air tank.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
I have a neighbor who used to play really bad music really loud on his car stereo out in his driveway—I mean, so loud I had to wait for a pause between "songs" to yell at him to turn it down. After a few weeks of this he made the terribly bad decision to start ignoring me and continue blasting his "music," so I ordered a Kleinn 102 dual truck horn, added a trigger and a plug to connect it to an air hose from my compressor, and waited. Next time the show started, I pointed the air horns at the source and gave it a blast. At first nothing happened, so I gave him another, longer blast. Finally, he turned it off and hasn't turned it back on since, so I only got to use the air horn once, but it was still worth every cent. I'd love to put it on my Solstice, but I can't figure out where to put the compressor and air tank.
I love this story and it brings joy to my rotten heart :)
Since I have the luxury of working in pro audio my version would involve a JBL Cinema Sub18 powered by a 6000 watt amp and generating 30 cycle waveforms at extremely high SPL.
This tends to be inaudible to almost anyone older than 7 and causes a generally sense of unease and even nausea in the right person.
30 Cycles at the right SPL will tend to pass through most construction materials and takes a decent distance to propagate fully. It’s not the “brown” note but it’s close :)

·
Registered
2006 Solstice, 2.4l L4 NA
42 Posts
I love this story and it brings joy to my rotten heart :)
Since I have the luxury of working in pro audio my version would involve a JBL Cinema Sub18 powered by a 6000 watt amp and generating 30 cycle waveforms at extremely high SPL.
This tends to be inaudible to almost anyone older than 7 and causes a generally sense of unease and even nausea in the right person.
30 Cycles at the right SPL will tend to pass through most construction materials and takes a decent distance to propagate fully. It’s not the “brown” note but it’s close :)
Love it. I considered doing something with audio, but the horn was quicker & cheaper. The scary thing is that it's supposed to be driven at 150 psi. My shop air is set to 90 psi, and it was deafening. Kleinn's slogan used to be "Too loud? Too bad." I think they dropped it for legal reasons.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
2,274 Posts
@HHGadget

You mentioned J, I am sure you are aware that they are apart of the Harman Audio which makes Harman Kardon, Infinity, Revel and Crown to name a few. I have the last great AVR that Harman Kardon made, the AVR-745.

Best JBL subwoofer ever made, W12GTi-MkII. This is also probably one of the best subs ever made period. I had a few of these in my car back in the day (6 of them).

Best JBL Car audio amplifier ever made, A6000-GTi

To put the amplifier's size into perspective.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
@HHGadget

You mentioned J, I am sure you are aware that they are apart of the Harman Audio which makes Harman Kardon, Infinity, Revel and Crown to name a few. I have the last great AVR that Harman Kardon made, the AVR-745.

Best JBL subwoofer ever made, W12GTi-MkII. This is also probably one of the best subs ever made period. I had a few of these in my car back in the day (6 of them).
View attachment 113703

Best JBL Car audio amplifier ever made, A6000-GTi
View attachment 113704

To put the amplifier's size into perspective.
View attachment 113705
Where on earth would you put that monster in a car?? ( I mean the amp of course)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I used that amplifier in several installations all SUVs. That amp has to lay flat it cannot be mounted on a vertical surface. That monster is something like 13,000 watts peak power. You do not want to mess with the speaker wires if that sucker is on and making sound. The output is over 200 volts AC. It will light you up.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Check the specs for that sub

Power Handling (Peak): 4000W
Power Handling (RMS): 700W
Nominal Impedance: 3 or 12 ohms (dual 6 ohm coils)
Frequency Response: 18Hz–1kHz ±3dB
Sensitivity: ([email protected]) 91dB

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
We are tangentially drifting far from the thread topic.
However, to reply quickly, over amping was recommended by JBL to us on that Sub. They helped us design an Atmos Room and that was their call.
now back to the topic.

today I am ordering new Braum Orue seats.
Looking forward to documenting my success and/or failures here for posterity ;)

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I clay barred and then waxed the coupe. Gas full, interior clean and everything ready to head to the NASSAM event on Sunday. Looks like I'll be putting a few miles on the coupe next week.

Reactions: HHGadget

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Sanded and painted the Norm’s grills again after work.
By my estimate I am at 10 coats between primer and factory black so far.
Feeling like another light sand and another two or three coats before I clear coat… maybe even more coats.
looking forward to being done with the painting and getting my garage back :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sanded and painted the Norm’s grills again after work.
By my estimate I am at 10 coats between primer and factory black so far.
Feeling like another light sand and another two or three coats before I clear coat… maybe even more coats.
looking forward to being done with the painting and getting my garage back :)
Pictures when your done please.

2261 - 2280 of 2302 Posts