Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
2381 - 2400 of 2429 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Sol NA (work in progress)
184 Posts
I agree with the black handles.
Did you paint them?
There were several sources on eBay. After looking them over, I saw one that "seemed" to be more of a final product, but I got the "paint booth" ready for them anyway. When I looked them over, I couldn't see that they needed paint. If they weather in the heat, I can always pull them off again and give them a spray. Turned out to be really easy and sticking round magnets in the sockets (from the YouTube video) kept the dropped bolts down to ONE. Slick trick!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Werks (aka “PAW” on the forum)
I painted the face of the IC and the aluminum bumper black before mounting the nose cone up.

I have owned and installed the Hahn and Werks. From an install point of view the Werks was easier because it was not nearly as huge as the Hahn.
Both are bigger (and better) than the stock IC

here is a pic from before it was painted:
Ah! I thought it was Werks, the color threw me off! Looks damn good.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Swapped out the chrome handles for the more stylish black approach. Chrome looks good on most cars, but I'm gradually reducing all my chrome. Eyelids next, and then have to decide what to do with the wheels....:unsure:

View attachment 115432 View attachment 115433
Yeah I put the black covers on mine too. Looks so much better. I went with these for wheels, pretty inexpensive and they are at the limit of fitting properly. They stick out quite a bit farther than the stock wheels, about 3/4". I was looking for a 5-spoke but couldn't fine one that I liked in our bolt pattern and offset. These are 18x8 +35mm.

Reactions: granliday

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
993 Posts
Ah! I thought it was Werks, the color threw me off! Looks damn good.
Yeah the silver with the WERKS log was definitely going to be visible and the way California is getting about aftermarket I want to be as stealth as possible.
Dave at Werks was kind enough to paint the charge pipes I ordered a dull-ish silver with no logo as well.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
1,067 Posts
I looked for the option code label...where it is in the coupe??? not in the glove box..well not in mine. so if it's gone how do I figure out what it has?

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
OK well dammit. As much as I love the red piping trim it has barely lasted a couple months and is rapidly fading to pink.
I have been searching around the internet to find a "high quality" version but it doesnt seem to exist?
Or am I just searching wrong?

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
OK well dammit. As much as I love the red piping trim it has barely lasted a couple months and is rapidly fading to pink.
I have been searching around the internet to find a "high quality" version but it doesnt seem to exist?
Or am I just searching wrong?
Nevermind. I figured it out (i think). I just ordered some "marine grade" Red Welt Piping. Assuming it actually is marine grade, I am sure that will solve the fading issue.
Turns out at $20 for 15 Meters its a better deal than the Amazon shissenhagen.

I'll post results and see how much harder the "good stuff" is to work with..
Stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
A little late, but last weekend I attended an HPDE at Nelson Ledges and the next day attended an SCCA autocross school. Old dog, new tricks.

Reactions: HHGadget

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I installed a center brake light pulser module today. This due to the fact I've been rear ended twice in the last year (once in the Sol ... once in a Chevy Captiva). Both cars were totaled.

The unit I installed is a Signal Dynamics Back Off Brake Light Signal Module. It works great but is tricky to get to the light assembly to install.

Costs $60 on Amazon but hopefully will get the attention of inattentive drivers.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Not that I am promoting their product (as I have no personal experience one way or the other) but doesn't RPM offer some "premade" 3rd brake light solutions?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Not that I am promoting their product (as I have no personal experience one way or the other) but doesn't RPM offer some "premade" 3rd brake light solutions?
Yes they do ... and knowing what I do now, I would probably go the RPM route as it would definitely be easier to install.

·
Premium Member
2007 Sol NA (work in progress)
184 Posts
Yes they do ... and knowing what I do now, I would probably go the RPM route as it would definitely be easier to install.
Absolutely agreed. Mine was much easier than I expected, and looks great from the driver's seat anyway.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Got a P2096 code lately. I think I got a vacuum leak by the intake. Noticed the intake nipple workaround is a bit loose. Hopefully some silicone sealant will address the leak and CEL.
Oh vacuumed the top.
Just want to close the loop for this one.
Been driving around with the fix in place. Usually the code would come out after a few key cycles. So far so good. Not sure if this would be a permanent fix. Might have to end up buying the intake tube from DDM. Are there alternatives?

·
Administrator
8,973 Posts
Just want to close the loop for this one.
Been driving around with the fix in place. Usually the code would come out after a few key cycles. So far so good. Not sure if this would be a permanent fix. Might have to end up buying the intake tube from DDM. Are there alternatives?
Drill both parts with a 1/4" drill and splice them together with a piece of 1/4" copper tubing. The repair is invisible and so appears to be permanent.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
looking up parts for the coupe and ordering parts for the coupe....$$$$ sold my 356 yesterday to finance the coupe...I dont think Im gonna have enough $ left to do a engine swap..but Im still thinking on it. it's all the electronics that have my old brain running in circles.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
wax day for one of the cars...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
computer took a poop yesterday while trying to order more coupe parts...so today I have wifes and...looking up more parts....ordering more parts.... perhaps I take the cool sliver of a 06 out for a ride today.... I gotta stop looking at squirms yeller coupe or I might start liking that front end&hood. Ive just never seen those that looked good to me or fitted well.also thought about the vented fenders...but not sure how any of it wood look on my wicked coupe. I have yet to pull the trigger on the nose&hood.

2381 - 2400 of 2429 Posts