Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
2841 - 2860 of 2918 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Got the replacement bumper cover and Norm's diffuser back on the car yesterday. Today I got the garage back in order. Ready for summer and the trip to Rapid City. My bodyshop guy (brother-in-law) was really impress3d with Norm's work.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I guess I'm going to have to change my avatar. Since that pic was taken I have added the spoiler, changed the back-up lights and now the diffuser. Maybe after the Rapid City trip I should head down to Denver and up into the mountains to the Continental Divide to duplicate the original.

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler
1,934 Posts
I did quite a bit on my 06 today. I pulled up the cover, put on the new plate sticker, put the new registration in the glove box that dont hold gloves. then pulled the cover back down as a tear was escaping from my eye. I wish I could go for a drive. Im currently looking for a silver gxp with automatic trans,Im sure going to miss shifting.but not the pain. I would like a 09 but havent seen any,and fewsilver 08's&07's with auto trans.and some out of my each and most on the west coast. I hate car shoping.

NICE BIRD!!!

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
2,829 Posts
I guess I'm going to have to change my avatar. Since that pic was taken I have added the spoiler, changed the back-up lights and now the diffuser. Maybe after the Rapid City trip I should head down to Denver and up into the mountains to the Continental Divide to duplicate the original.
Are those HHR backup lights? Was that an easy mod?

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
2,829 Posts
I did quite a bit on my 06 today. I pulled up the cover, put on the new plate sticker, put the new registration in the glove box that dont hold gloves. then pulled the cover back down as a tear was escaping from my eye. I wish I could go for a drive. Im currently looking for a silver gxp with automatic trans,Im sure going to miss shifting.but not the pain. I would like a 09 but havent seen any,and fewsilver 08's&07's with auto trans.and some out of my each and most on the west coast. I hate car shoping.

NICE BIRD!!!
I am pretty sure ALL the autos are on the west coast and ALL the manuals are in the Midwest.
I searched for 6 months (before things got used car crazy) and I finally found my girl in Montana.
Shipping was pricey at $1300 but I can only imagine what they are charging now, a mere year later.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Yes the back up lights are HHR items. I understand that Cobalt lights are the same too. It's not quite plug and play but not beyond the skills of most of us.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I was quoted $750& up for instate Florida car hauler. at that price fly&drive is a better option.
I got mine early pandemic so flying and driving (plus it was late winter) from Montana to LA seemed a bad idea.
That being said it is very different now and the drive is more fun than a chore if you appreciate the journey :)

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I've had the Cobalt/HHR back up lamps for some years now. A tip of the hat to TS on this one (along with other mods). His mod list and guidance is quite excellent. The high output LED backup bulbs (are we calling them that?) make me want to make an independant switch for those nose high pick up aimers to get a dose of their own blindness. Needless to say they are illuminating.

I wish Mark luck in the Automatic GXP search. Seems all I ever see are automatics for sale. When I got my manual I felt I'd scored. Now I'd probably consider an automatic too... but probably not. The potential for expense of clutch replacement, and other maintenance, keeps one humble and poor...and off the road. That said, I am following HH's adventures with more than passing interest.

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
@SolsticeHank - great cars, nice garage! I wish mine was as organised as this. Haha
What did you do with the OEM rear valance. Maybe you're interested in selling? Thanks
The original valance was damaged when I was rear-ended. I was told that it could be repaired but I had been wanting the Norm's diffuser anyway. I could part with it but I think that shipping to Brazil would make it expensive.

• Sad
Reactions: agent008
2841 - 2860 of 2918 Posts