Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
2881 - 2900 of 2919 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
I think it's just Windrestrictor left to do and she's ready to see the sunlight in June! :)
I can't wait to put my hands on the Windrestrictor. It's waiting at the mail forwarder already!
Weather's starting to get cooler and cooler around here -- woke up to the tune of 4°C this morning! (though during the day it warms up to as high as 25°C).
Yesterday took the missus for a sunset drive, the air was chilly - around 12°C - the windrestrictor would have made it perfect (we are short at 5'4", I'm confident the windrestrictor will keep our heads out of the airflow :ROFLMAO: )

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler
1,934 Posts
I picked up my 07 gxp today,28862 miles on it.my 06 looks 98% nicer.i think this may need a turbo too.vents broken,trunk switch dead,key fobs dead,some dings,scratches etc.need door panel...tick in motor,not sure on that yet,do the fuel pumps make noises? It was supposed to be a garaged car since new...well I think it was in the carport next to garage. Dirty,never waxed,paid too much.rear end growers when turning,needs additive,I gotta lots work to do that I wasn't planing on. Some peeling on chrome wheel too.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
2,870 Posts
I hope to be home with it tomarow,stopped half way and got hotell.
A certain amount of ticking that doesn’t exactly match the rpm is the HPFP.
You already know the drill mark. Check those VVTs and change those fluids :)
Looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
2009 , Solstice base 5 speed Red
28 Posts
New Day new project. The single horn was a bit anemic. Removed it , made some brakets and installed a pair of WOLO air horns . I added a relay operated by the original horn wires . Fused a new power source to the relay contacts to pick up new horns. Bracket mounted on the two studs at front of frame. Mrs likes the new sound . Yay :)

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
2,870 Posts
Replaced the o-rings for the oil cooler and the lower radiator hose while the tranny is out.
Installed the new clutch.
Whew

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
got it home...then started finding ****...., today I pulled the intake hose and now fixing the breather fitting thats been broken off for quite some time and has a butt connector stuck in it.... also uncloged the rear drains and used sme rust killer then cold galvinizing and then painted black again. then fixed one remote, the other needs soldering, then went to change door handle but the cobalt handle she gave me was for the rong side, then washed most of the car,then started doing some touch up paint work as I was doing that I noticed that the right rear quarter had been hit and not repaired worth a **** but great paint work to cover it up so it is hard to see, but Im sure that will just get worse with time and become noticable., then I got ready to pull 3 of the vents that were not working right ( independent movement, as in move one vain and the other dont move) but decided to give it a break before I found something else...and I did.dont know how I missed the dent/bent front fender....no I not a happy camper.. I had 1 solstice, then I had 2 sols, now I have threesols,Im startn to think I bought#3sol from a weesol.. never drive 500 miles and look at a car in the hot sunlight when your wore out and tired. (incert you cant fix stupid sticker hear)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
almost forgot, the wife pulled off the god stickers off the interior mirror...they were covering the bubbling mirror places. garaged since new my ass. this one isant as nasty as the coupe I got from the same aera (new orleans) but..dam!! entire engine compartment so dirty. when I put fuel in it the back of the gas door was brown nasty,,,,silver car.errr I kinda wish I had looked in there before buying the dam thing. did I get a deal??? effuk NOT NOW I didnt. the entire reason for buying this low mile garaged since new well taken care of car over a fixerupperupper.... we shot that all to hell!!!

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
almost forgot, the wife pulled off the god stickers off the interior mirror...they were covering the bubbling mirror places. garaged since new my ass. this one isant as nasty as the coupe I got from the same aera (new orleans) but..dam!! entire engine compartment so dirty. when I put fuel in it the back of the gas door was brown nasty,,,,silver car.errr I kinda wish I had looked in there before buying the dam thing.
Didn’t I send you an OEM mirror or am I mistaken Mark?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
yes that was for the coupe, thats still in a holding pattern. This one isant as bad as the coupes was. for some reason this one looks different, but that may all be in my head. this car isn't as bad as it sounds, but dam how the owners story changes after you buy them and find something...and again and again.... I wish people would also realize that REPAIR BILLS are not scheduled maintenance bills/records. although they to are nice to have. I have also determined...I reallly like my 06 interior much better than this all black. I wonder who the moron was that decided that the gxp got all black..and who made the call to drop the steel&sandy interior. I wonder if they ran of of cashmere cows. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Well, I have "cashmere" (Buick called it something else but it's a shade of tan on the light side. You've seen in in hundreds of those cars) in the '95 Roadmaster Limited wagon. I can tell anyone that is the best GM ever offered and beat the hell out of the Cadillac leather in a Fleetwood. The old girl still start at the touch of the key (200+K miles, I don't really know how many as I had a custom Z28 IC done that was an expensive mistake...another story, wrong forum... :rolleyes: ) but the important thing is the leather looks almost new. But I've notice the absence of cashmere cows so you may be on to something. I'd be happy to have that Pontiac Morrokhide vinyl in the Solstice. Maybe that '70's woven Morrokhide...

All the best resurrecting the GXP. If I may help, let me know.

Take care, Richard

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Well, I have "cashmere" (Buick called it something else but it's a shade of tan on the light side. You've seen in in hundreds of those cars) in the '95 Roadmaster Limited wagon. I can tell anyone that is the best GM ever offered and beat the hell out of the Cadillac leather in a Fleetwood. The old girl still start at the touch of the key (200+K miles, I don't really know how many as I had a custom Z28 IC done that was an expensive mistake...another story, wrong forum... :rolleyes: ) but the important thing is the leather looks almost new. But I've notice the absence of cashmere cows so you may be on to something. I'd be happy to have that Pontiac Morrokhide vinyl in the Solstice. Maybe that '70's woven Morrokhide...

All the best resurrecting the GXP. If I may help, let me know.

Take care, Richard
my 06 steel& sand still looks about like new....I wish there were some of that stuff left over(nos), like the dash,the seat covers, the door sillys the rear side pannels..hell all of it... but if I found it all I'm sure wouldn't be able to afford it all. and yes those roadmaster wagons were nice. especialy with the big motor in them. haven't a clue what motors were in them in the 90's. from what I remember about the cat~a~lack leather it was thin..very thin. I just remembered the oe seats in my old 71 ,340 duster black with silver centers. the best looking and lasting silver seats' Ive ever seen.,I dont have a clue what I ever did with them,I had racecar seats in there after the first year when it got full framed&caged& aluminum floor & pannels from dash to the rear bumper.all bead rolled with logos.( we had a full service doo it all Chassie shop) oops there I go astray... sorry

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Got the transmission, propellor shaft and differential in.
The torque bar between the dif and the trans adds an extra helping of fun.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I had a mysterious fart smell in the car the other day. Just thought the wife did it and it stayed in the car when she parked it. Noticed it again today so I’m looking around for what it could be. Turns out leaving a frozen bag of broccoli in the trunk for a week smells like a fart over time. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Removing the culprit and airing out the trunk and car. Thankfully no liquid leaked out into the trunk carpet that I can tell.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Glad you found the source and took care of it. Now possibly you owe your wife an apology ;)
Yep. We joke around with each other all the time about stuff like this. She eats a very high fiber protein diet and she’ll be the first to admit when she rips one you know it. I on the other hand still think mine smell like 🌹 🤣.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Well finished the clutch replacement. Got all the driveline parts back together last night and today buttoned it all back up. Took for a small spin and overheated so can back, let it cool and pulled another vacuum for bubbles round 2.
Fingers crossed that was it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
hey r&t, me and the wife get some take out chineese about 2 times a month on her lunch hour and eat it in the park, hers has brockolie mine dont(if you cook brokolie you have runt it..as with most vedgies.) we only eat about 1/2 and she always hands me hers to take home for dinner... my reply every time " great more farts in the car" every bump it farts out more and more and florida is full of bumps. so i knew what you were gonna find before I read it.
on my gxp today I spent some time aligining the hood striker so it would latch with out slamming it and adjust the bumper so it was level with the door. I then pulled off a few rust colored bolts&nuts from the front end and cleaned treated and painted them.They weren't bad but I dont like some to be silver and some brown. crawled under the rear to have a good looksee to make sure there was nutten rubbing,I didnt think there was,it needs limited slip additve.But Ive never herd one sound quite like this does thus the reason for a good eye ball check.

2881 - 2900 of 2919 Posts