Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1847 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nice, what year 'bird is that in the picture? I sold my 2002 T/A before i bought my Sky.

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
159 Posts
Installed a butt warmer-if we ever get any weather cold enough to use it!
Hubert

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Stopped by Anne's Chicken Fry on Route 66 in OKC on the way back home from a car show/air show. Got to ride in a PT-17 biplane trainer AND a 1996 Grand Sport Corvette

·
Registered
36 Posts
I picked mine up from the dealer for the fifth time in three months trying to fix the same sputtering/loss of power issue. This time, they replaced a 'clogged cat' to fix the issue. Same crap happened 20 minutes into my drive home. Time to take it back in again. I'm done with this P.O.S. Looking at a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab now. I'm so over GM after all these years. Yes, this is the most beautiful roadster ever built, and a blast to drive when it's running right, but I've had all I can take with the inconvenience of depending on it to get from point A to point B.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I picked mine up from the dealer for the fifth time in three months trying to fix the same sputtering/loss of power issue. This time, they replaced a 'clogged cat' to fix the issue. Same crap happened 20 minutes into my drive home. Time to take it back in again. I'm done with this P.O.S. Looking at a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab now. I'm so over GM after all these years. Yes, this is the most beautiful roadster ever built, and a blast to drive when it's running right, but I've had all I can take with the inconvenience of depending on it to get from point A to point B.
i'm sorry to hear this.

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Just incase either you or the dealer have NOT solder the GMPP connectors it will never work right.
So if that is the case the P.O.S has nothing to do with the car but instead not doing the installation correctly as has been pointed out in this forum numerous times.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry to hear that Thrashed. I know some are thinking you have GMPP tune but I haven't seen anything from you on whether you do or not, if so they offer wisdom.

I know you feel just "done" and angry with it now, but there was an offer from GM customer service on the clogged cat thread to follow up with your dealer if you give them the vin# etc.

So what about doing that anyway with a request for assistance on proper diagnosis? They may intervene on your behalf.

Just a friendly idea. I liked your posts and would hate to lose you from the community.

GODROD
Solo Dio

·
Registered
36 Posts
Venom - Yeah, I'll be taking it back again and they're going to give me another rental. P.O.S. still stands, as the connections are soldered.

Godrod, Overland Park is an awesome place! I've been out there about a dozen times this year on business, and haven't eaten at the same restaraunt twice! Can't decide between Gates and Oklahoma Joe's for barbeque. Might have revisit both of those on the next trip! We went out to Kansas Speedway last time. That Caraba's next to it is amazing. I love going out there. It's definitely not what I pictured Kansas to look like!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Venom - Yeah, I'll be taking it back again and they're going to give me another rental. P.O.S. still stands, as the connections are soldered.

Godrod, Overland Park is an awesome place! I've been out there about a dozen times this year on business, and haven't eaten at the same restaraunt twice! Can't decide between Gates and Oklahoma Joe's for barbeque. Might have revisit both of those on the next trip! We went out to Kansas Speedway last time. That Caraba's next to it is amazing. I love going out there. It's definitely not what I pictured Kansas to look like!
Yeah we get that a lot. Stinkin Wizard of Oz movie. People come here and they are like "Whoa pretty cosmopolitan place" (though west of here looks jut like it).

Next time you are this way look me up and we will dine like Bulls. Lol

GODROD
Solo Dio

·
Registered
36 Posts
We just figured everything was so new because they're constantly rebuilding from the tornados! ;-) Fox and Hound across from Embassy Suites on Metcalf Ave is another place that was fun to hang out at for the night!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah we get that a lot. Stinkin Wizard of Oz movie. People come here and they are like "Whoa pretty cosmopolitan place" (though west of here looks just like it).

It probably doesn't help that you fly over a bunch of cows prior to landing at an airport that's like 60 years old and hasn't ever been renovated when you arrive!

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Unfortunately, we abused our Sol a bit this weekend. Halloween Camping trip (annual event.) The 2nd time since we've owned it that it has seen rain. But the "costume" was too good to not do it, so I'll spend a little time over the next week getting rid of water spots and cleaning things back up!

21 - 40 of 1847 Posts